What to do with verbal abuse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RainElf, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Some of this is definitely unacceptable behavior, but from the developer point of view this needs to be addressed with tact. Some people slip and maybe say something they regret saying then there are others who are intentionally abusive. The key and what we want to look into down the road are new and different ways to increase the level of civility while not resorting to archaic means.

Like any process this will take time and we have other things to address first. Also, just think of the horrors that would occur if there was voice chat ;)

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Oh the horror!

crisian likes this.
  3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Hello guys, My name is Skullferno or Rorschach. I've been playing Poxnora for almost 8 years now and I have been a Rage'oholic for 6. I am not proud of most of the stuff I say while the inner beast takes control of me. I do apologize most of the time later on but, sometimes I don't. Other times, you meet people who love drama so much that they enjoy bringing others pain. I will not lie, bringing people misery is a guilty pleasure and I enjoy it when people rage but, I do not enjoy being enraged.

P.S. We should get a rehab for rage sufferers and victims. I feel like therapy and maybe even some free wins would help a lot of people get over their personal demons. Also, it's a game. If you can't handle a little trash talk, please go play NeoPets with the other 8 years olds in the world. People are wretched horrid monstrosities, get use to that fact.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Astamir complaining about trash talking in the game, WHILE trash talking in the forums. Priceless.

On topic:

Extremely offensive comments can and should get the guilty party banned for a period of time.

^^I made my point without being crude, rude, or intellectually "superior" to "lesser" humans.

Sounds like a pile of stinky fish to me. "Lack of mobility" during a game of Pox is a valid excuse to rage? Did the University of Toronto specifically study this matter?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Monyx likes this.
  5. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i think a report abuser option in the client would be effective.

Skullferno likes this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

7. Skullferno

Let's get one thing clear though, that this should be probably done in a series of step so people can't abuse it to just ban unliked players such as LostVVolf and nally. If a player is being a bag of ****s and deserves it, than that player should be banned for a 72 hour period of time with no communication to poxnora things such as the server, web client or even poxbox. 72 hours of excommunication.

Now people get frustrated and do crack sometimes and say bad things. There needs to be an effective system going to where the real ass hats get banned and the guys who just have been having a bad day get maybe a little slap on the wrist but if they persist they will get more effective punishment. Lets not just give everyone a loaded gun and say, "Have fun"

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@ the topic (since I didn't read anything else):

Do not so easily relinquish your emotional control to some prepubescent knob on the interweb. Either stay above it and thereby impervious to it, or join the fun and return the trash talk. 'Name on the blackboard' really isn't applicable here.

Also, theres no EULA agreed upon/accepted to play this game. There is no legal standing to punish someone for being rude. And that case, I forget the guys name, vs. Verant/Everquest for banning showed that there is, in fact, a legal standing for removing a clients investment even if they do not "own" the items.

tl;dr get over it

profhulk and Skullferno like this.
  9. Skullferno

I like Baskit's words. They carry wisdom in it.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i really couldnt even comprehend what baskit said /Rage but yea i mean.....i usually dont care what others say too much.....ive reported people before....usually just jerks of course. i am mature enough to look over some things too.....like for instance i think ur an alright guy usually and then one day ur like Monyx go #$%$ yourself......first i would think "hmmm this is unlike him" so basically i would prolly look over or just say something of the same accord back......but yea not everyone here takes things so lightly......and honestly i think they have more of a perogative to choose to be offended than a player does to say whatever he desires....so yea as the GREEN stated.....we want a nice in between.......where ppl that deserve get it and then people that are just horsing around dont.

11. Shadap

Shadap The King of Potatoes

I'll start with GL, HF and if its reciprocated great. If it turns to trash talk and abuse I have my OCD at a point that I can ignore the flashing red chat indicator.

12. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

I love this guy.