What will President Trump actually do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by badgerale, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi.../ann-coulter-president-trumps-first-100-days/

Immigration was Trump's launching point, and I expect it to be one of his top 3 priorities.

I was correct about Trump over and over and over x15 months, but next phase is tricky and such.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. DarkJello

Much wise insight here.

A key problem for Trump will be the establishment repubs, as they and GW Bush and Obama and HRC like wars and debt and USA PATRIOT act and...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Trump hasn't said much on the Patriot Act specifically, but at least based on past comments, he supports it along with things like government surveillance:

http://www.newsweek.com/where-do-presidential-wannabes-stand-patriot-act-334968

"Donald Trump: The real estate magnate, who says he is seriously mulling the race, told The Daily Signal that he supports the court ruling. With an eye for “proper oversight,” Trump said, Obama and top congressional Republicans “should work together to make a program which the public can support.” Trump added:

I support legislation which allows the NSA to hold the bulk metadata. For oversight, I propose that a court, which is available any time on any day, is created to issue individual rulings on when this metadata can be accessed."

http://www.recode.net/2016/11/9/13574214/can-apple-president-trump-get-along

"Trump: Boycott all Apple products until such time as Apple gives cellphone info to authorities regarding radical Islamic terrorist couple from Cal"

In this second case, it's possible that is only anti-privacy/encryption in specific circumstances.

Either way, limited information to work with here, and being in office gives you different information/insight in these sort of things so I think it's hard to say one way or another what Trump will do regarding things like the Patriot Act.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. DarkJello

I really, really don't like spying on everyone 24/7/365. Much appreciate that u provided links and some comments on the "patriot" act. Hopefully we won't have to wait too many months to learn about changes, if any, to this Act.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Why even have a regression, then? I was taught to only regress undisputable correlations (although you have to stretch that a bit sometimes if your data set is ten points of which six are somehow broken, cough cough)

6. Sokolov

Because they were trying to answer the question being asked. Regression ended up showing no correlation, thus, I can show you the graph and say, "There doesn't seem to be any correlation between relative business costs and relative job growth."

7. Sokolov

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I like how if you spin those figures the other way, you get:

"Smoking kills! One third of smokers die of smoking-related illness and 10% of smokers contract lung cancer."

Although those numbers still seem pretty low to me.

Geressen and badgerale like this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

They seem low but really, back when nearly everyone smoked everywhere having 1 in 10 people get luncancer?

75,8% of people who receive a heart transplant (at a medium age) are not alive 20 years later.
    why bother with heart transplants if only 1 in 4 is alive 20 years later?

10. DarkJello

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Conway will be press secretary methinks

DarkJello likes this.