What's going on with my rank?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I haven't played in a long time, and I never played ranked. I tried ranked a bit because it takes forever to get an unranked match, and got my ass kicked, but after a few games I got a blue gem next to my name. I'm 1:35 or something now, and I keep going against people who have hundreds or thousands of wins. My last match was against someone with over 8000 wins against my 1, which I got in the 5-6 games where I was being matched against people who also had hardly won any ranked matches.

Why, what, why?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's a mixture of a rank reset and the pox ranking system.

Mostly the pox ranking system

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I've been told that the exp(rank points) for your first game after a rank reset is worth the same as 3 games' exp. So if you won your first ranked game against someone higher ranked than you, your limited rank is explained.

The good news (lol) are, if you lose like 3 games you'll fall back to exo, or with some luck, rare.

And try at least seizing some knowledge from the games you play, even if they're utter defeats. You shouldn't mind about scores as a beginner, everyone has lost a lot at start.

4. Garr123

Well, Bane Shift. How does this game attract anyone new? I have enough to build a deck if poxbox opens, but jesus. It's not fun. Never any unranked games, and if you win one ranked thrown into the deep end.

Did they erase old ranked matches? It's been a long time, but I feel I used to throw my old torts into ranked and win, maybe I'm crazy. I thought maybe that was why I got thrown into dudes with thousands of wins.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  5. Lushiris

I just edited, don't mind about it man. Consider yours a windy road, you'll end up stronger than most ;)

PS: play unranked.

6. Garr123

When there's maybe 200 players max at a time, perhaps an elaborate"Get Good" is not the best advice.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

part of it is that the main playerbase of this game has, i would imagine, been playing a lot longer than you.

/:

but yeah. some lumps you just gotta take. i'd log on and try to help, but i can't get on from where i am right now. WHUPS

g'luck.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. Lushiris

Sorry man, the best advice is learn the best you can about the game and get better, there's no running from this unless you play some broken stuff, but that's not fun imho.

If you look around a bit (not much I assure you) you'll find many players willing to help, including me or dagda, whenever he leaves prison.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Garr123

To be fair, no one answered my question in regards to why I'm going 8,000 wins to 1. Unless it's because I won a single match.

10. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's because of the small playerbase which in turn makes the ranking system really skewed. Also, I heard reapplying the queue / matchmaking makes you get matched better if you refresh/reset every few minutes.

11. Lushiris

I did answer on my first post, although Emries made it complete.