What's happenin' Bro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Did people dislike rovers and ichors? I thought they were just removed due by gedden during his consolidation process? Maybe im just wierd and liked the unpopular mechanics I guess :L

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I dislike the current way Mutation works mostly for the reasons Sok just stated. I prefer the Mutation: Elemental Auras idea over it.
    (I have something of my own in mind, but it's not fleshed out enough to write down yet.)

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

As it stands for me:

I Would liek to see Mutation or Sand as a Draksar Theme "Module"

Mentioned Mutation Theme Should be Draksar Focused since they kinda came from mutating
    For now we have Draksars Like:
    Morph
    Pope ( now mutates )
    Maruder
    Persecutor
    Thug

Theme/Module inside Draksars seems to be lacking some Enablers.

Also Mutation Skills need to be reviewed since only
    Mutation Violence and Horror seems to be complite concept for me others are just BORRRRING

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I thought they were fun

5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I liked Ichors a lot... I was really sad when the 'Clops lost them, it really fit them I thought.

As to Mutations, I do not feel qualified to speak on it yet as I don't really use much SL.

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Im unsure if i like that idea you proposed, id have to think about it i guess. I do like the whole concept of Mutation: x abilities i just think that charges are too tricky to gain for them, like i hardly ever managed to get Dread on my Marauders, theyd be dead by that time or id have spent valuable charges on Charged: Fire Bomb (i think its called that). Id like to see the whole "something working as a trigger and then the friendly champion mutates gaining x ability" remain atleast. Its neat.

The Mutation: x abilities could maybe do with simplifying a little maybe give them just 2 mutations instead of the 3 and either make charges a little easier to gain for the theme i.e more Mutate or similar abilities or change the trigger to be something different and not charges. It could probably do with simplifying a little thinking about it. Sorry if none of that helps or makes much sense.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, my proposal was to get the flavor of Mutations without having to have it be so many different abilities. Perhaps instead of random it could be a progression.

Turn 1: X, Turn 2: Y, Turn 3: Z, Turn 4: X, etc. And then you can active the ability which then can let you "keep" that one for awhile or permanently.

So... for example:

"At the beginning of its turn, this champion gains one of the following abilities in order/at random for 2 turns: A, B, C. This ability may be activated to gain the current ability permanently, doing so removes this ability."

Azuriah likes this.
  8. Anima26

That idea certainly has a mutating flavour to it. I think i like it. It would be different to the current iteration of Mutation: x abilities but that could be a good thing, no way of knowing until its fleshed out. The way the Mutation theme is at the moment though i would welcome any changes to be honest.

Personally, i dislike RNG based abilities (curse you Hearthstone!!) as they can be fun some times but at same time they're incredibly annoying when they go against you. Similar to mocking someone i feel, funny when its working in your favour but not funny at all when its working against you, ha. I would prefer it to be in a certain order or something similar like your suggestion rather than random atleast.

If you did this idea as an example, what would happen to Mutate ability? Would it simply lose the "gain charges" part? The way Mutate works at the moment, friendly champions gains X/Y/Z stat fits with the idea you suggested so i guess it probably doesnt need much change.

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Then what's the point on "mutate"? Are you trying to make mutation a theme or a sub theme or a theme's module?
    Just say what you want to make with the mutation thing, will you stop using charges as a mechanic? whats the plan then? are you going to redo al the "mutation:" abilities or you are just asking for future expansions?

Stop doing that, stop giving shitty ideas so players tell you why thats bad and what should be better

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  10. Anima26

Kampel bro, i know u had some ideas before u stopped playing, help us out with those ideas on how to make the Mutation theme/module, whatever u wana call it, better if you feel Soks are shitty. You got better ideas? Let me hear em man, i want to run my Mutants.

Goyo likes this.
  11. Anima26

Random question. I think someone mentioned something similar, do you feel that the Mutation theme/module should be focused on Draksar or made into its own kind of theme/module/whatever like Sand currently is?

12. Sokolov

Mutate could be used to toggle to the next ability, or it could actually be the ability that makes it stick:

"At the beginning of its turn, this champion gains one of the following abilities in order/at random for 2 turns: A, B, C. If this champion is targeted by a Mutate ability, it gains the current ability permanently and that ability is removed from the rotation."

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Lore wise, it's an SL thing, more so than a Draksar thing, but it'd probably be primarily a Draksar/Mutant thing.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I just edited the post asking for more info.

He is not stupid, he knows that the ideas we give are based on the mechanics we know and have been implemented, so i'm asking to stop fooling around and tell us more info on what he wants to do with the "theme".
    If he only wants ideas for new champs on a new expansion then the theme will be always bad because taking 10 turns to build a champ is not worth it. If he wants to modify every and all mutation abilities then he should tell us how far he will go, what mechanics he wants to implement on the theme to work and why, based on charges or AP etc.

15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I really like this idea, but not of they are variations of the same ability. (Like auras.)

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Sokolov

It's an open-ended discussion since someone brought up the Mutation theme and wanting it to be improved.

No, I like getting player feedback and seeing what they want and how they perceive the themes they play. If you don't have suggestions, you don't have to say anything, but stop trying to suppress discussions.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Anima26

I kinda feel like thats what Sok is doing right now, trying to explain what hes thinking of doing with the Mutation theme. Anyway, i personally like the idea that hes just proposed as it does simplify the mutating mechanic and it also removes the annoyance of building charges and not having enough charges.

soulmilk likes this.
  18. Sokolov

To clarify, we are talking about how Mutation abilities should work and what would make the theme play better and be more interesting.

Consider it a brainstorming session so we can figure out what mechanics seem fun and interesting. Details are details that can be worked out later, but the key is to find the crux that works.

19. Anima26

This is pretty much how i feel about it. Id also prefer it to be something more interesting as a spur of the moment example X/Y/Z being Evasive/Aura3/Precision (totally random suggestion) rather than Aura3/Aura3/Aura3.

soulmilk likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Yea, I think with this iteration, it'd be more interesting if the Mutation abilities gave radically different abilities so that even if it is not random in terms of how it is given, it has the flavor of unpredictability.

Gnomes, Goyo, Qucas and 2 others like this.