What's happenin' Bro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

It would also address the fact that a number of the Mutation: x abilities currently are a bit boring, Damage, Gore and Leap come to mind, Tough is boring too even though Tough is a nice ability. I do like Horror and Violence because they fit their names. Violence mutates your champ into a Manic, Enraged, Beserker and Horror mutates them into a dude thats Frightful and spreads Fear and Dread.

Goyo likes this.
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Imagine a champion with 2 different mutation lines.
    It would be kind of a "Build your own Champion" during the game.

Faust and Goyo like this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

And then Mutate: Damage CD3. You need +9 rounds to fully gain what you have paid on depoy xD

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

My vision of what Mutation should be is something like an evolutionary "talent tree". Depending on what you face, you mutate certain abilities that are helpful and advance more on certain branches of the "tree", to get your forces to adapt more and more to the matchup/opponent/whatever. Think Zergs or Tyranids.

But that's complicated and unwieldy. A pool/rotation of abilities with a way to 'fix' on one of them or get them permanently feels pretty close. Fits the lore too (all that stuff with unstable/imperfect mutations and the perfection serum).

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like what youre saying man.

6. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Here is an idea for Mutation that should be easy to program. Each Mutant created to fit this theme should have a Mutation Chain kind of like Mutation Violence. Remove Charge abilities on these Mutants like Supercharged and Death Charged and replace them with Vigilance or something death activated. Make their Mutation Chain hinge upon the Mutate ability like on The Doctor and the spell Horrific Mutation (a spell no used very much so it could be changed to fit this theme) much like Sacrifice of De'lim is given only to Wood Marshall and the spell, Fuel. Change the Mutate ability to CD1, Charge Count 4 (Target friendly champion within 3 spaces with Race Mutant gains next mutation on chain. If champ does not have a Mutation: Chain ability, it randomly gets +2 DEF, +2 DMG or +1 SPD). With this ability this way, it requires champs with Mutate to farm charges. This would also allow for decent split decks with UD and FS. Draksar Morph and High Priest should have their ability set replaced with another ability besides Mutate and give Mutate solely to The Doctor, making him a theme enabler.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like everything else but this sounds more like a theme disabler. The mutate ability shouldn't be splashed around with your suggestion but only giving it to one champ will insure that champ is the first thing to die every game and for the rest of the game you'll have a bunch of champs that can't use half their abilities. The doctor would already be a theme enabler the second you changed mutate to do what you stated above.

DaPoxagon, Qucas and Goyo like this.
  8. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Okay, I like feedback.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am unclear as to what you mean.

Do you mean that the Mutation abilities would trigger directly off champion death?

When a champion is destroyed, this champion gains Fear 2. If it already has Fear, it gains Frightful Blows instead. If it already has Frightful Blows, it gains Dread instead and this ability is removed.​

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hey now. You should implement Fang and Fur back.

11. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Let me first adjust my original post to reflect @KingJad comments. The Doctor and Draksar Morph should have mutate. They should also have ways to farm Charge Counts, Supercharged, Processing Collar, Death Charged, and so on. When they use the Mutate ability on Mutants with a Mutation Chain ability, the receiving champ gets the next mutation in the chain. The Mutate ability should be CD 1 and cost 4 charges. For example, Mutate Chain: Violence has Berserker 2, Enrage 3, and Manic as a chain. The Doctor with Mutate would harvest charges with Death Charged and Harvest Organs. The Doctor could cast Mutate on a Mutant with a Mutation Chain: Violence every round at the cost of 4 charges, moving a champ with Mutation Chain: Violence through Berserker, Enrage, and to Manic in just three if The Doctor harvested enough charges . You would also have to remove abilities that farm charge counts off of champs who have a Mutation Chain ability so that they rely on champs who have Mutate much like Devotees rely on Wood Marshall for its Sacrifice of De'lim ability.

Does that make more sense?

12. Sokolov

What do the Mutation chains look like?

13. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Well, Mutation Violence is a chain. You could create any mutation sequence.

14. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

For now we have 3 mutations i would consider a "Chain" that gets better and Better during game, this makes you think b4 you just berserk cuz u have to keep champ alive ( or use tricks ) to get this champ into full power

Mutation: Violence
    Spend 4 charges: This champion gains Berserker 2. If it already has Berserker, it gains Enrage 3 instead. If it already has Enrage 3, it gains Manic instead and this ability is removed.

Mutation: Horror
    Spend 4 charges: This champion gains Fear 2. If it already has Fear, it gains Frightful Blows instead. If it already has Frightful Blows, it gains Dread instead and this ability is removed.

Mutation: Gore
    Spend 4 charges: This champion gains Stat - Bonus DMG 2. If it already has Stat - Bonus DMG 2, it gains Rend 2 instead. If it already has Rend, it gains Charged Attack instead and this ability is removed.

Other mutations are just "one click thing" that i wouldnt consider a chain.

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Sokolov

Ok, I am getting super confused as to what your suggestion is. Can you give an actual example of Mutation: Violence would read as?

Is it the same as now? Is it different? I don't know.

Is it like this?

When a champion is destroyed, this champion gains Fear 2. If it already has Fear, it gains Frightful Blows instead. If it already has Frightful Blows, it gains Dread instead and this ability is removed.

Or is it like this?

When this champion is targeted by a Mutate ability, this champion gains Fear 2. If it already has Fear, it gains Frightful Blows instead. If it already has Frightful Blows, it gains Dread instead and this ability is removed.

Or what?

16. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Target friendly champion within 3 spaces with Race Mutant gains next mutation on chain. If champ does not have a Mutation Chain ability, it randomly gets +2 DEF, +2 DMG or +1 SPD. Forget about the on death stuff.

17. Sokolov

No, I am not asking about Mutate - I understood that part from the start.

I am asking Mutation: X chains.

You originally said it'd trigger on death, and then seemed to backtrack. So is the ONLY way to get the abilities in the chains via Mutate, or what?

18. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Not exactly, what I said was that Mutants with Mutation abilities should lose their charge farming abilities, like Supercharged or Death Charged, in favor of something else. That something was a suggestion of Vigilance or another death activated ability. It was just a suggested replacement for charge farming abilities, not a requirement for Mutate.

19. Sokolov

Can you just answer this: What do Mutation: X abilities look like in your suggestion?

Because I honestly have no clue.

20. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

Like these. They already exist. However, they would be activated by Mutate and not by charge farming abilities.