What's Making Dainty Toes Expensive?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Emries, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I imagine this is the issue for many champions (Looking at you, 85 nora Master Trapsmith), but I'd like to point out specifically to Skywing Eminent since it doesn't have a multiple Grant abilities that bloat nora costs inefficiently (another reason some runes need to be priced individually rather than by algorithm).
    With Abuse Charged, Rebuke and Charged Blast, it's supposed to take lots of damage while forcing AP-gaining power turns to take lots of damage - then charged bomb the same grouped up enemies ready for the same power turns for lots of damage.

Here's the problem: it doesn't work when step one kills it off with 1-3 range, 1 defense, no regen, no other defenses. Basically unusable for its cost.

Previously, it had defenses such as Evasive and Majestic. I imagine these were taken off to keep the cost at 85 nora. I don't see what's making it cost this much. Is Charged Blast costing like 20 nora? Looking at Ritual Cultist, Charged Magic Bomb costs less than Charged Blast. I would be willing to have that replace Charged Blast. Or remove the magicky bomby stuff and emphasize it as one of the few electricity types in SL by making that Chain Lightning, and changing Abuse Charged to Regeneration or Elusive in turn. I don't see the need for an AP-gain-counter either despite that being its "niche" so I'd like Rebuke to be changed to Scrapper as well.

Tl;Dr - Bring back dainty toes, replace rebuke with scrapper so his purpose/viability is back. Lower nora costs somehow :p

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

1-3 + them stats comes at a premium. There's 18 nora worth of abilities on that thing. Would I pay 67 nora for a body like this? Of course I would. It's problem is that those 18 nora of abilities are kinda bad.

If you replace Rebuke with Scrapper, you get a 98 nora Eminent. Would I run that? Dunno but at least it does something.

Emries likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

emries, in poxbase.com the prices for abilities are listed, so you don't have to guess anything.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhm, he's always been really bad to aweful.

Mostly because he was hella costy, now because he's both hella costy and poor.

5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

To clarify Jib's post:

Abuse Charged (1/2/3): 1/2/3 Nora
    Rebuke (1/2/3): 1/2/3 Nora
    Charged Blast: 6 Nora
    Dragonflight: 8 Nora

So it's anywhere between 16 to 20 Nora worth of abilities.

6. Emries

Ok so let's take that all off and put in Scrapper and some eater abilities. I'm not too crazy about the aoe abilties on this champion with abuse charged anyways.

To clarify, the only abilities it will have on base and upgrades:

Defiant / Majestic 1 / Magic Eater - 8 / 9 / 8 nora
    Scrapper / Combat Awareness / Regal Presence - 15 / 8 / 8 nora

Makes the champion look a bit ability-sparse but hey that's the purpose of the revamp and the upgrades make champion look a lot more interesting regardless of the combo of choices you choose.

And it actually does something for slightly above 90 nora than nothing for 85. Thoughts? :p

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

but.... costy and bad

8. Emries

Just for you:
    Skywing Eminent

Attack - Toe Lightning
    Upgrade Path 1 - Static Greeting / Vulnerability: Sonic / Numerous - 6 / -3 / -4 nora
    Upgrade Path 2 - Regeneration 2 / Majestic 1 / Combat Awareness - 6 / 9 / 8 nora

Remove everything else on base and there should be a 12 to 16 nora decrease from what it is currently while remaining somewhat mid-combat-range viable with benefits for being deployed with dragons still even without DragonFlight which is kinda sandbaggy anyways (using optimal Numerous Majestic or CAwareness build). That should put it around slightly below 70 nora to slightly below 75 nora while functioning as a way better Drakewing Swam or something else if you choose other upgrades :p

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

LAND TOE LITNIN DURGUN

Losing flight is wut

10. Emries

Forgot DragonFlight had Flight. I still don't like DragonFlight on it so maybe Flight or Running Start (7 speed glider!) ? 6 or 3 nora more so that would make the second build at around 74 nora which is still alright :p

11. Emries

Skywing Eminent

Attack - Toe Lightning
    Upgrade Path 1 - Static Greeting / Vulnerability: Sonic / Numerous - 6 / -3 / -4 nora
    Upgrade Path 2 - Defiant / Majestic 1 / Combat Awareness - 8 / 9 / 8 nora
    Running Start - 3 nora (7 speed, likes to "sweep in at the end", lanky -> excuse to use running start for me)

Cost with Numerous + Combat Awareness (the mid range fighter for surge dragon build) = exactly 74 nora.
    If you want flight, it'd total to 77 nora which is still alright but I like the former :p

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He attacks with Toe Lightning and you don't call him Twinkle Toes?

13. Emries

No. He's Dainty.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

that's so... mlp

15. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

i think it needs a bit of rework stat and ability wise