What's Myxing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nautilak, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey there everyone.

I was just taking the time to ponder through my collection and decided to build a UD/SL Arthropod battle group since I knew that now Myx were arthropods since the update.

What I found though is that even though there are currently 7 Race: Myx units in the game, of those units, only the Matriarch, Broodlord, Drone and Sandlion became Arthropods.

Normally i'm one to accept this as a design decision but I can't seem to understand why the Adamant, Slasher and Spitter wouldn't be Arthropods and the others would.

The only real reason I could think of this being an issue is Arthropod Frenzy or Pull: Arthropod and apart from the Slasher I really don't see this being an issue. Again, I could be wrong.

So I guess my question is does anyone else think they should gain race: arthropod?

Also, would it be out of line to suggest that Broodbond gave a boost to the unit when a pupae or egg hatched? It could even be temporary. But aside from the pupae and the queen the ability that is on all the Myx doesn't really effect anything after the hatching process is already done. Maybe it's perfectly balanced the way it is but when I play Myx I feel after the initial round of Pupae/Matriarch it doesn't end up coming up that often because I either win or lose on the initial hatching.

If anyone disagrees feel free to chime in!

Thanks,

2. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

All Myx should be arthropod. Or no one.

bClef and jeeperz2 like this.
  3. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Yup they all should and they really need to add something on broodlord for his nora and damage he is very ehh..

4. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Myx Myx Swirl Myx.

5. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

I agree it seems somewhat inconsistent. I few moments earlier actually posted a thread about arthropods but from a different perspective. It is still related to this topic:
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/sl-and-arthropods.4705/

There is definitely 2 options: remove the arthropod race from all of the myx or add it to all of them. I support adding it to all of them but not adding creep and crawl because they have their own separate thing going.

6. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Strig should be beasts too

7. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I feel as if fixing just these inconsistencies would go a long way towards helping new players and old players a like with making the game complex but not having to remember such specifics as, 'This Myx is an arthropod, this isn't.' as well as freeing up battle group building.