What's the next logical step to improving my FS boghopper deck?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by clickdecision, May 1, 2014.

1. clickdecision

clickdecision New Member

So here's what we got...

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C20cwDCtCgUCgYctPCpNcgOcpuC5qs6=s7Zs6Tsqs5AS33s6-S1gr3mrWE1H

The way it's been working is by powering up my tide masters and the furys... super clever I know. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah how can I optimize this overtime? What are the runes I should be saving up for and what should I be replacing?

Any tips and what not would be super nifty ;) thanks bunches in advance

(also what's a reliable way to deal with kiergana? o.o )

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Your bg has some weird choices, looks like you followed some rules to make it but you included some subpar runes.
    For a boghopper bg I would include (upgrades):
    2x tidemasters (Surge boghopper and speed)
    2x boghopper fury (violent and call to arms)
    2x boghopper huntmaster (loyalty and detection) (or 1 and 1 shadow(improve range and trap, see later)
    2x bloated toad (Reinforcement and massive leap)(replacing the bulls in your bg)
    2x darkmarsh concealers (Mark and any of the others, I like cloak, exellent units all around, bringing some combos also)
    2x boghopper shaman or 1 and 1 spawnpool guardian (Heal mass and transfer life)
    2x augur of the deep (slam and opportunistic) (they can be replaced by kartch and one spitter while you get them, but they are crucial)
    2x wildcards, champions that may bring something unique or fill a gap in your bg, in this case I will add a darkmarsh instigator (bastion of courage and declare target) and a darkmarsh enforcer (drudgery and bodyguard)
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPC9cwDctC8OcgICgUcjYcgYcpuC5q
    In this bg you have 4 long range heavy hitters (furies and tide masters) with shadow to improve range and instigator to support with battlemaster and declare target. Note that these two work much better when stealthed, and you can get that for free with the concealers.
    Now, in the support section, we'll include things to kill enemies fast that will favor rushes, the stars are pygmy hippo stampedes and tortun land cannons, followed by poisonous fumes for augur, and drown. between those you'll find an answer for everything.
    We'll also add monsoon to support drown, a backfire to stop spells, a bubble of protection a horn of order to make powerturns (it's great on darkmarsh instigator) and a poison trap to bait our enemies into a easy kill. With the warbanner there are 2 slots left, that you can use to try things, it could be 2x font eruption, 2x marsh song, 1 nora drain and 1 darkmarsh warsong, a darkmarsh helm, etc.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPC9cwDctC8OcgICgUcjYcgYcpuC5qs1s6Tsdsms46S5BrNrWR2ae2w

Combos:
    Concealer: concealer's mark is a great tool, it stacks (champions marked twice will suffer 2+2 additional damage) and it counts as if the attacking unit caused the damage so:
    You can use it in conjuction with pygmy hippo stampede to get a +6 damage on the spell, add to that a couple concealer's hits and you can kill almost any champion.
    You can use it to build up furies faster, as mark damage counts as separate damage from the attack, fury will increase his damage twice when attacking a marked unit (or thrice against double marked units)
    Instigator and shadow are much better when stealthed, you can use nightfall or cloak to get that and make them more useful.
    Instigator is also good to add damage to pygmy hippo stampede and to carry the horn of order.
    Augur's slam and bloated's massive leap can be used to knockback units into traps or poison clouds to get good damage.
    Darkmarsh helm is good on furies and augurs, and it brings both precision, strike and surprise damage in a single slot. Concealers can be used to stealth these champions to save AP and get a better assasinate.

Boozha and CalmLocke like this.
  3. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Things that bypasses kiergana's main defensive ability: tidal wave, water vortex, tortun land cannon and pygmy hippo stampede.

5. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

I'm just messin' with him since he complains about Keirgana when he plays against another of my friend's Kanen bgs. xD