What's up with all the devote's of de'lim?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Elves Rule, May 4, 2014.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

(read title) I know that it was started as a back story for fuel or something, but I'm not entirely sure. Thing is, the way it plays is completely different to the rest of k'thir (fast, mobile units that don't really do too much damage and can survive/make lots of units.) And yet these people with devotee of de'lim involve obtaining giant damage levels by sacrificing their own units. It seems to be like they should be in UD. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's to do with Grimlic going to UD but did they really need to go this far with it into K'thir?

Can someone please shed some light on this for me, or at least give me solid info about the lore....

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Reading the flavor-texts on the runes from that expansion will reveal a lot of the story.

3. Xirone

Some background...
    There are two competing "rulers" of K'thir, Menalaus and the Eternal Circle. Menalaus is seen as the spiritual leader of K'thir whereas much of the governing power comes from the Eternal Circle. These two entities sometimes, and often, don't see eye-to-eye.

About De'lim...
    De'lim, one of the members of the Eternal Circle, believes that one should do anything possible to combat the enemies of K'thir whereas many others in the Eternal Circle, and Menalaus, are more principled. De'lim originally thought that small sacrifices, like a burnt tree here and a dead beast there, could make K'thir stronger in the long run. Though starting with a strong desire to protect K'thir, eventually this line of thought led De'lim to dark magics. Wary of creating another Grimlic, De'lim was expelled from the Eternal Circle and became an outcast. Recently, however, Menalaus went missing, along with many other heroes, and De'lim was able to convince the Eternal Circle of the power of his ways. De'lim was, thus, not only re-invited to the Eternal Circle but became its acting head. Without the positive influence from Menalaus, De'lim is making more converts everyday.

Edit: There are some holes in the lore, according to flavor-texts and whatnot, but I have tried to flesh out the story to make what is known make sense.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    LordRahan, Malosi, Etherielin and 3 others like this.
  4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!

5. Xirone

In short, De'lim and his lot want to protect the forest but are using methods much of K'thir once abhorred.

6. Elves Rule

Wow. Thanks for the help. I guess devotee of de'lim people are legit for KF, just a different way of forrest fighting.... Ty.

7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Basically Meanlaus is Gandalf, De'lim is Saruman. ;-)

Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  8. Xirone

KF could use a good Legolas. Is there an ability that costs less AP than Flurry? ;)

9. Elves Rule

Hell yes we need Legolas. He can have oliphant hunter - one shot can instakill a 2X2 champ. Also, when he meets a dwarf he immediately has a little kill counter over him. :D

Xirone likes this.
  10. dsjtheman

Guys what we need is Gimli. Why? To piss off IS! :D

11. dsjtheman

gob archer really is amazing and its cheaper than elven archer.

12. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Xirone deserves all kinds of forum points for his posts above.

And I also agree with the case that Elven Archer needs a redo.

13. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Elven archer is SO bad compared to the goblin one. Barrage needs to be piercing shot, and archer commander should grant ranks of far shot.

I am hoping to see a Li'Lim hero as our archer/ranger version of legolas. He already has an equipment(which needs reworked).

14. Xirone

Elven Archer
    Base-
    Attack: Arrow, Aim, Mobility
    Upgrade Path 1- Barrage (1), Barrage (2), Barrage (3)
    Upgrade Path 2- Evasive (1), Evasive (2), Evasive (3)

15. Xirone

Assuming her price stays about the same, she'd be more playable. With this revision, she isn't super powerful but, rather, is a straightforward and simple champion rune.

dsjtheman likes this.
  16. Elves Rule

Wait. What's up with the 2 different upgrade paths where you get 3? Is there some new update incoming?

17. bluestun

bluestun Member

The new update is kind of a mix of the previous upgrade system and the current. In the previous you could add new good and negative abilities to increase or decrease the cost of your champions. There wasn't any kind of limit on the number of this you did as long as the total cp for the champion wasn't reached. In the new system you have 2 upgrade slots and each one has 3 abilities with different costs. So for instance the elven archer might start with barrage 2 and evasive 2 but you could instead give it barrage 1/evasive 1 and have a cheaper elven archer, or barrage 3/evasive 3 for a stronger more expensive one. Or mix it up with Barrage 3/evasive 1.

18. Elves Rule

Wow. Ok. Interesting. Makes more sense though; currently a champ with now levels is worse than one with levels at no extra cost.