What's with people giving up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solarplight, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Is it me, or are the training grounds full of people who just give up the second they lose the advantage right now.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it's natural, the pox nora fire isn't burning in his soul..... yet.

3. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Serious

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Because the people is playing with premade decks that are unkown for them and at the same time not nice, then, they get upset with the bg because they are not familiar with it and it's capabilities and so they surrender quickly.

5. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Yeah, but how are supposed to learn the capabilities of the battlegroup if you just keep giving up.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Whats the problem? If people feel they have lost there is no need for them to drag it out. I much prefere people to surrender when they know they are defeated rather than playing a game I allready won to the bitter end.

7. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

I guess I'm wierd, my philosophy is "never give up, never surrender." It's not a big deal really, but I play a game to the end no matter what.

8. lungz421

lungz421 Member

also its been crazy laggy lately, iv had it freeze and not reload in at least 2 games, you can close the client and reload the game, and it lets you rejoin, but its still frozen

9. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

That's a different story all together. Not what's happened in the situations I'm talking about.

10. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

No point dragging out a slow death. There is a point of no return in pox and if you've been around for awhile you will know when you have crossed it.

11. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

Yeah I guess, I don't know the game too well yet and maybe I'm just a little OCD about finishing games I start. I just feel like the last several people I played gave up way to early.

12. Solarplight

Solarplight Member

All right, I understand there are reasons to surrender, but I still won't. I'm just wondering now if there are a fair amount of other pox players here that have the "never give up, never surrender" mentality. Say something if you do.

13. Boss

Boss Member

time consuming and waste of time...

14. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I am trying to have fun. When it looks like a loss or even if I just don't like the game I'm in I'll just surrender and re-que.

I don't care about my rank so yeah if I stop having a GG well then it's GG and I'm out.

Not here to waste people's time and drag things out.

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there's a difference between being down and being out, is the main contention.

most people have different ideas about where the line is, and what one should do should one cross it

my opinion, for the record, is better

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Forever Diehard reporting in! ;)

@OP: It really depends. I guess that most people just prefer playing as many games as possible.

17. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Ya, i love Galaxy Quest. That phrase drives my life.