What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Naria runes aren't good, haven't seen any of them in ranked lately with anyone that is left playing k'thir. Head to the k'thir forums.

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

The only people who post in the kthir forums are the few left who play it.. The conversation there is stale/samey cause it's all the same people posting (no offence to them)

I posted in general because I wanted the competitive players to have an input... Why they think KF isn't being used / what they would say is strong about KF etc. Figured they could give some advice on what's strong and what's not.

About being annoyed with people asking about your deck list.. I think that is a really strange thing to be upset about/protective over. If people are respecting your play and want to know what you use/how to try and achieve it themselves.. What's wrong with that? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery! You could like, do what other decent people do and post a deck list to the forums, you can then forward people to it if they ask.

I've seen every other faction being played above 1400xp but not a single FF KF player. I don't think that is entirely coincidence.

I'm not saying KF is useless either, I just think it's a relatively hard faction to be successful with.

Maybe someone should create a "meta deck building guide: 101"

I don't doubt my skill as a player (I'm by no means fantastic but I can play somewhat competently) however I'm not the best at building efficient decks and that's what I'd like to learn how to do/improve on - specifically from a KF standpoint. Would be cool if any of you could help :)

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I posted a decklist the other day. I understand imitation is flattery, but the amount of players needing to be spoon fed is sad. There are no more elite players rising up on their own/ rising up at all really

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Most of the competitive players that post in general hate KF on principle. I've never really understood why. You tend to have more productive conversations about KF in the KF forums. There are a number of people that don't play the faction that will comment...although the faction forums have been really dead lately.

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

You might be a better player than me but I happen to be a particularly good deck builder who even Tiny ripped a deck off once. Anyway the basics to any successful FF deck is 6 range units preferably with 8 max, an average nora cost under 60 nora - preferably 57 and a wide variety of spells and abilities to counter every situation with detect, healing/summons/antihealing (depending on the factions strengths and weaknesses) and shatter being the most important. Stuff like a perseverance counter is optional but highly valuable if you can afford space for it. Anyway I have made a deck for you of all the most annoying KF runes to face.

Ranged
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Cd-CxlC5FCzzCxkcy6CfQCimCzks5-s6OS1aS8wsLr3nr2YE31EM

Runes to consider.
    Tortun Fishkisser - Super tank with manic
    Elven Prodigy - Blindfire

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Uhhhh thank you for your help Vorian, but this is not a good deck at all :confused:

TeaScholar and SPiEkY like this.
  7. super71

Besides the portal Mage tortun and the Garu it's not half bad actually, and the heal spells.

8. super71

Here's a rundown of why k'thir is so bad, range was nerfed, their speed has been nerfed each expansion, low base damage, low base hp, no power turn capabilities besides bullseye, ranged champs with sever drawbacks/too pricey compared to other factions, no Nora gen besides the elf artisan, all the themes really don't have any identity anymore.

Trees lost some take root stats then had all the summing abilities nerfed with reason and then the greenhouse nerf. Fairies got too pricey, elves have become either ranged damage dealers or melee beaters all being pretty expensive, centaurs aren't developed, Garu aren't developed, beasts were ruined when they made vashal their own thing, vashal are barely strong enough as is, d'elim are too slow to get rolling.

That's what happened to k'thir themes in a nutshell, on top of k'thir met being too expensive for sub par stats most of the time.

9. Ballballer

Ahahahahaha

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

KF is the worst faction right now I think for many of the reasons mentioned by Super. You can still compete. I haven't really lost much with my FF KF bg. Draw wins are still there. I'd have an easier time with any other faction though.

11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

People jumped off the KF bandwagon once the faction started to be more balanced.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Ballballer

Yall do realize we just did this same exact thing with fw right?

SPiEkY and Pattn199 like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That's what happens when their is no top player playing your FF.

Instantly your faction is Bane Shift, your runes are Bane Shift and you can't compete.

14. chris0024

Why is there no top KF player around to play the faction?

15. chris0024

do you honestly believe the circumstances are the same or are you simplifying to post a silly one liner?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

-"there is no top FF KF player around"

-"why is there no top KF player around to play the faction?"

-"uh.. cause Zorbot and Karmavore are not playing right now"

Not sure what sort of answer you're looking for. If you were trying to pull a "they are not here cause KF is bad" line, nah.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. chris0024

I wasn't trying to hide it because it is clear many KF players topped playing because of the spd nerf. I can't speak for zorbot but the ones in my guild which were pretty much all the top kf players all agree that the faction is at its weakest.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  18. chris0024

I honestly do not see what the issue is with you guys. Can we not ask for buffs for our faction? Is this not allowed anymore?
    I still play, but it is clear that KF can't compete with top tier bgs. Does it not make sense then to ask for buffs?

19. Ballballer

I was in that guild. Who do you consider to be top players in it?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

From what I get, mediocre players now find out that they're mediocre because they can't faceroll anymore.

Time to adjust
    Like who? Karmavore and Zorbot are the only two that are good from the last year.

Everyone else was mediocre or worse

SPiEkY likes this.