What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

The arrogance with you two is ridiculous. Do only top player's opinions matter?

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I just asked you a question....

But arrogance aside, yes, top players opinions are pretty much the only players' opinions that matter about an entire faction's power level. Other people arent running the faction at top levels to accurately judge them. Its a lot harder than just judging a single runes or isolated instances.

Note:im not saying you arent good chris, im just stating my belief on the matter

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sorry, I'm actually good at this game. Makes it easier to call people mediocre when you see all the mistakes they keep making I guess.

Now do you feel like answering the question or not? Cause if you have a bunch of top players in your guild that all played KF, that kind of takes away from the word "top".

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. chris0024

Nah, it's cool. You guys "won" this argument. i'm bowing out :rolleyes:

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

the argument in which you provided nothing but managed to play the victim every post?

And I thought we were just having a chat.

6. chris0024

Never once played the victim and neither will i put names out there just so an id*** like you can drag them through the mud.

I've said what i had to in regards to KF and i'll leave it at that. I'll present to sokolov what i believe to be issues that KF needs to address at a later date.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, telling mediocre players they aren't the best is rough.

Almost as rough as coming into a thread complaining about your faction with no intention to clarify anything whatsoever.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I agree with most of what you are saying but not this at all. You don't have to actively take part in something to be able to look at it analytically and form a worthwhile opinion about it.

Not all of the best sports coaches in the world are ex professionals just like Sok isn't a top 10 player yet shows a very deep understanding of the game.

I respect that you and Burn are the highest ranked players who are regularly active on the forums but that shouldn't give you the right to hold a monopoly over balanced based opinions. Contrasting viewpoints are what allows us to see an aspect of the game from different perspectives.

ChiaoLung likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But my opinion < all.

Honestly though, even in the sports reference, those coaches have studied the game for years. Sok has worked on pox for years and played it even longer. People like Jibtek and Rodin (rip gone) have a great understanding of the game despite not being top players. However these cases are rare. Almost always, top players will have a vastly better understanding of the game. And even then among top players there are some with absolutely few clue about the game.

I don't consider myself the player with the best knowledge or understanding, I think I'm better at the playing of the game itself. But having played all factions for 8 years, some more than others on a high level, I do think I understand more than most of the people around.

Pedeguerra and SPiEkY like this.
  10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I think this is potentially an issue I face aswell. If I want to make a strong deck for any other faction, there's multiple active players using FF variants to high success that I can watch to get ideas, good iterations between things.. How to handle certain situations.

However there isn't anyone doing that for KF so it's harder to get a base to build off. You will now probably say something like "those players created their own top deck why can't you" and the answer is because I can acknowledge I am not as good as certain people so wouldn't be able to make as strong of a deck/I would take an extremely long time removing/replacing runes until I find that magic bg. I was trying to streamline that process by asking for advice/help.

All are you are saying that KF isn't bad it's just the players/no one is active from high play KF currently. So help me bridge the gap for myself and potentially other KF players who read the forums. Instead of using your "I'm better than the people here so I am not investing time into helping I just want to belittle them" tactic.. Could we try "I'm better than the people here so I am going to give some insight and advice to help them improve"

Last night with the help of Chris, markoth, and baller chipped in a bit too we threw together a KF deck as a start point to get me rolling on making a strong meta deck. Got a few games under my belt and I liked where it was going but I lost some games to theoutcast and the SL guy catastope pretty easily.

I noticed I don't have anything to hard counter super champs (aspect of violence destroyed me)

I noticed I wasn't dishing out enough damage (theoutcast games I didn't even get started, I couldn't hold a mid font due to 1 rounding and stat differences between his champs and mine)

I lost vs A ferren deck due to a bad start being 2 fonts down, but won the rematch. And I won a few other games but they were between 1100-1300xp people.

Can you provide any insight on what I should/could use in the above listed scenarios - if you were playing KF what would your hard counters be and what would your big dmg champions be, I might've missed something.

I'm not at home right now but when I get back I will edit in the deck list for your input.

I know it's fun being mean/posting one liners with no actual input... But can you try and help a little bit too? :)

11. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Reasons for KF being weak.

Counter argument: Lol, get good.

These forums are lol.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

To be fair, reasons were given why you couldn't just spam range behind a tank anymore or just rush someone and win the game before turn 10.

That's not the faction being weak. That's a playstyle being weak.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

No, he actually gave a lot of good reasons. I could even add to them.

KF runes nerfed
    Speed nerfed
    Spells nerfed
    Spell spam nerfed
    Range nerfed
    Rush nerfed
    Abilities nerfed
    Summons nerfed
    Summon counters being popular like swarm/sacrifice Bane Shift from FW
    Nora Gen nerfed
    Range counters are so common and defense high on melee
    Few good melee choices and generally outclassed by other factions

All these weaken the faction as a whole.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

whatever is on the pointy side is smaller and on the expanded side is greater in case you ever need to do math again.

re: AoV, transfusion combo is extremely powerful and there are 8 factions that have a hard time dealing with a well setup wiping turn.

KF does have access to blockade through Thirion though. New blockade is extremely useful and cheap, so if you can get Thirion out in time you can position your guys with him so that the big transfusion turn means maybe 4 hits on a guy followed by some AoEs.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

jokes are hard

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@chris0024 Stop replying too him, your wasting your time he's too young to understand other people's opinions, or read what they are saying with an open mind. It's sad that sok and the other devs still can't see how much they let their "elite" players run this game into the ground and damage the community.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, but from an outsiders perspective (as in, someone who isnt playing anymore), isnt that what happened to all factions? Like, if I put FW in there and say "FW is the worst and here are the reasons why", this is what I'd write:

FW runes nerfed
    Speed nerfed
    Spells nerfed
    Spell spam nerfed
    Range nerfed
    Rush nerfed
    Abilities nerfed
    Summons nerfed
    Summon counters being popular like swarm/sacrifice ****
    Nora Gen nerfed
    Range counters are so common and defense high on melee
    Few good melee choices and generally outclassed by other factions

I mean, honestly. This "KF rune is bad" or "KF is underpowered" routine WHEN IT CLEARLY ISNT is really getting old. There were people back when these forums were really active that just liked to do that - the second something was released, it got the "underpowered, please buff" regardless of the powerlevel. For example: even in the most glorious years on KF, you had top players (Zorbot) saying "buff KF" just to troll, but people actually believed them/him.
    But yeah, deck building is a skill in itself and its ok to ask for advice if you are bad at it - HOWEVER, mixing up asking for advice with saying that KF players left because of the faction bonus nerf is mindblowing, simply because it isnt true.
    Also, it was pretty funny how chirs claimed "top players in his guild left", and yet refused to give the names of said "top" players. Pffff.
    I think its time to NUKE the game to a fresh start.
    #bringpoxcataclysm2017

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Except you know any top player can pick up fw and win fairly easily so it would be a useless statement. Their are few that could actually pick up k'thir right now and take it to the top.

I'm not great at pox and lost like 10 straight with k'thir picked up fw and won 6 outta 7 against decent opponents. K'thir is in a tough place, idk if everything he said is right but a lot of it is.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well bud, but here is the point (and this is a personal opinion):
    If I was to get back to the game, and realised there were no top ST players around, here's what I'd do: watch a few matches to see what the top guys are playing, then make a bg to counter those things and start playing with it. Then I'd do that until I found a bg that gave me a nice WR.
    IF, and only if, after making a shitton of bgs and playing with all of them, I realised that most of the bgs were crappy, I'd write a big freaking essay with my reasoning and details.
    I wouldnt just come out and spill nonsense and lies like some people have here.
    And thats why they get discredited: because most of the people here would rather copy other people bgs and opinions rather than going out there and actually playing the game.
    I'm 100% positive that I could proabably pick KF right now (or any other faction for that matter) and play it extensively to achieve top ranks just to prove the point, which is, there is really no bottom faction atm, and its actually hilarious that you guys feel that KF is that one, even though it was the most dominant faction just 6 months ago.

prymusedek, Ballballer and SPiEkY like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah god forbid we cater balance to the casual pleb and just create an enormous imbalance at the top ranks. Casual plebs totally wouldn't copy said silly things and take the free wins once the "elite" shows them how to.

All of a sudden all of your threads make sense. You're not delusional, just dumb.

SPiEkY likes this.