What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Ambling Frond?

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Again another half a page of replies with no actual information, just stating "KF isn't bad" and attacking each other. Please try and provide something beneficial in a reply with information I can actually use.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cd-cxlc54c5Acv_chvcltcw1c3Fc5GcxgcivcqvCzks5s2@s4ys1as5Ws4Ks2tr3nr2YrUe2weM

Here is a decklist, the gaps = de'lim/naria strangler/inhibit power.

I have gone relatively highlander on the champion list because i'm not really sure what works well so trying a few things out. Please provide feedback on specific champions you think I am either wasting a slot with or need to swap for something.

Also if I have missed any obviously strong runes, please let me know. If for example you suggested apprentice mage as a replacement, please let me know what you would remove to put in it's place and why.

Instead of slating each other, help me deck build instead :)

3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Might want to look into Grimlic's Bane and Ancestral Anger (worth noting you run Fiorn as well) for one rounding power and surprise factor. Anger also works nicely with some of the champs you have going on for sudden damage outbursts (Horn + Anger + Buffed Naria with Execute sort of deal).

Devolve is a fairly decent spell if you play against a faction with a non immediate source of cleanse. All of them are somewhat low cost spells so champions with Adaptive can get something out of it rather quickly (D'elim and maybe doomies if you'd like, at least I would).

I won't go over champion composition all that much since I'd have to compare the runes to their current versions since poxbase is outdated. I still think that if the current game is too heavy on tanks with different types of defensive abilities you could find reliable sources of strike or precision -Edit: Forgot Illuminate is a thing-. I recall Deadly Tracker having Strike probably, and even though she doesn't have deep wounds anymore, you have got enough stat stacking going on for her to dish out some damage plus the DoT. Maybe throw in Fire for Effect if you find yourself with more archers. (Colossal Boa is also a thing, very obvious thing). Overall though I'm not entirely sure of what you're keen on in terms of playstyle, since the deck seems to have a bit of everything.

I honestly think the faction still has plenty of potential and adaptability to the current state of the game, yet admittedly not as easy as it used to be, and that is fine.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    TeaScholar and Pattn199 like this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Except again your point is invalid many of the players you speak of have done the very things you mentioned and have tried multiple different bgs. It was the dominant faction 6 months ago after a slew of nerfs it is no longer the case. To say k'thir isn't the bottom faction is silly k'thir was the least played faction in drums of war this time around, if they were as strong as you say they would be ran more for the "elites" and "plebs" as you kiddies love to say to keep their rank.

Top players don't play k'thir because it just isn't very strong compared to other factions right now.

The thing top players never seem to mention is how can everyone play said faction ? I'm sure you and burn and baller could pick it up and do well but that proves nothing other than you have played the game longer and are overall better. It's actually the least productive looking at the game from an "elite" point of view. Now what about the bottom guys like myself, could I do it ? The answer is no and not because i'm terrible but because other factions power levels are stronger, I can easily pick up every other faction and play competitively against similarly skilled players as I did yesterday.

In turn your argument is because your all so good you can play anything, well good for you but the truth is decent k'thir players are struggling against sub-par opponents, k'thir was the second least played in drums of war, and their are very few in ranked playing k'thir right now. The truth is in the numbers right now and ranked as we speak.

In a competitive environment like pox you need to make sure the bottom player has just as much chance to succeed in k'thir as every other faction player at the bottom. Right now I can play every faction perfectly fine, k'thir I struggle to get a win with that tells me two things

A: I'm not good enough today or having a bad day, however that's disproven every time I pick up another faction
    B: That quite possibly the faction is having a rough patch after some heavy handed nerfs to multiple themes, and all ranged units.

5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Just wanted to clarify one thing, KF was the least played in DoW, UD display is bugged it was actually the most played.

super71 likes this.
  6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Makes sense seeing as fs and sp are almost always the least played factions and we know how bad they are

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

FS and SP have always been the least played factions, regardless of power level.

KF however used to be the most played protectorate faction and probably 3rd/4th most played overall. It's now last, there must be some reason behind that?

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Possibly, but super's argument has pretty much always been considered the wrong way to go about things, as its demonstratably been proven false time and time again

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

10. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

For a KF meta, it has all the basics for a good deck. Your problem here is how will it work in top ranked if that is your goal. KF players are having a hard time finding good decks that compete. Of course, we are now the red-headed step child that everyone like to keep down.

11. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

You know, theoretically, the least played faction is the one most likely to shake up the meta. Since so few played it in the recent meta, it's the most likely to hold a combo that could break up the meta.

(Note I am a complete newb and this is just speculation, so I could be wrong and an idiot. But I felt like bringing it up :p).

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This post made no sense to me whatsoever.
    First you try to come off as a guy who isnt "elite" and that newbs also should have a say when it comes to balance.
    Then you come out and claim that you can play competitevely with any faction, and the one you struggle the most is KF, as if you were a pro.
    Wait, so are you good or not?
    Either way, up until this day I refused to bash you on your posts because I'm not in that mood anymore. However, since you asked for it, you are posting so much nonsense these days that I simply cannot take your post seriously.
    Have a good one champ.

13. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

14. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

What's blowing my mind is that you guys are acting as if the faction wide nerf to our spd and the game wide nerf to range would have no effect on us and dismiss with a typical "l2p" response.

What were KF's defining characteristics?
    Speed and range
    What did they nerf?
    Speed and range

Now of course this is a simplified analysis, but the point remains that our spd and range were our greatest strength at the expense of hp. After numerous nerfs we are left with champs with low hp, average spd, average range.

AnD before anyone points out that all factions are througout the years blah blah blah. Yes I am aware. The issue I am trying to highlight specifically is the spd nerf, the range nerf, and the series of nerfs right before the spd nerf. (I'm going to have to dig into the patch notes to find these).

15. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Looks like @Ballballer is going to have to get BM with KF then.

Ballballer likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wait, what SPD nerf? Other than the reduction in first turn 8+ movement across the board (which wasn't done without reducing cost, of course), I am not sure what that means. And that happened... quite awhile back.

I am also not sure I agree with the idea that KF champs have "low hp, average speed and average range" coupled with the idea hat they are too expensive. The only way this is true is if there are too many abilities on KF champs, or the abilities themselves cost too much. Because if a rune has low stats, it also has lower cost to begin with - it's not as though KF champs are designed on some entirely different spectrum on its own where it pays more for stats than everyone else.

SPiEkY and Pattn199 like this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, why can't we faceroll with our 13 AP 8 range champs anymore?

Doubletapping every turn was skill. Running five spaces and still attacking twice was skill. Gosh setting up all that range was effort.

Whats a melee?

18. chris0024

I apologize. When I say spd nerf I mean the ap bonus that was removed.
    And as far as the low hp, a prime example are the fae with corgi ranger and knight being the exceptions. You can pick anyone of them and their hp:ratio will more than likely be 1:2 respectively.

The quillback, the one you are fond of, is not chosen in part because of its low hp. It's too much of a gamble to use him because it is common to be able to disable some of his defensive abilities.

19. chris0024

I suppose no one can ever say you're guilty of hyperbole :rolleyes:

20. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

KF is fine.