What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

And this is why a good player with a clear bias can't be trusted. Throughout this thread you have done nothing but throw out insults, contradictions, and who knows how many argument fallacies.

You keep bringing up 8 spd and double tapping as if that is what i am asking for. I've pointed out several times i am asking for buffs to the faction, but not once have i said make everything 8 spd again. My biggest issue is the relatively squishiness that our champs suffer from compared to other factions in conjunction with their high cost and low hp. The other issue that i have is that we really don't have a faction identity anymore. What excatly does KF do better than other factions?

All this i'll be working on with karm, xirone and some non kf players in the hopes of answering @Sokolov questions he presented to me in another thread.

You really, really, really need to relax and stop acting as if we need to get your approval to ask for buffs.

super71 likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Gosh people keep your panties on and chill out

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

im going to have to contradict this statement. Some panties should most certainly be removed

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Just not the ones in this particular thread.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I have 4 Len the Weird Uncles or I wouldnt trade 1 but I will trade you 1 or 2 because I think you are a benefit to the Poxnora community. I will say though please dont criticise Mikelin unless you think he is turning into some1 who has moved under a bridge like Burnpyro. Burnpyro used to be a great benefit to Poxnora, then he decided he didnt like where he is currently living and moved under a bridge and became a troll. Burn you are a great player but your trolling is making you enemies.

Seriously though when Mikelin was trolling Willow about trash talking top players after they beat them, he had a point as Willow was trash talking every top player they lost to really hard, and as much as I see Willow as a player with the potential of Tiny, they shouldnt be trash talking top 10 players until they are top 20 themselves.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  6. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Calm the pipe, you have the best spell spam in the game. It's either the spells or the champions, take your pick.

7. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

KF just lacks of an outstanding (borderline OP) theme for the moment, thing that happens to any faction time by time. The meta is not bad for what I have seen and faced in ranked: simply nothing overhelming like SP or SL, or rushy like UD.

Just wait for your next time under the Sun.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh sl, then sp, then ud, then st, and then maybe k'thir lol. As far as good damage dealing spells all those factions are better nowadays and most are cheaper.

Also k'thir champs have horrible hp to Nora ratios, most factions out range k'thir now and they aren't as fast anymore. By all means sir pick up k'thir and make an attempt, I played against a couple good players lately using k'thir and I steamrolled them using fw and I'm bad.

9. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Trust me, it's not you be good or KF be bad...

10. super71

Not sure what your trying to say

11. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I already did, and I went on a 25-30 win streak with them. They're easy. They have the strongest range in the game. Abuse it.

12. super71

Recently, as in the last month or two ?

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What has changed in the last month or two?

14. super71

I was just trying to figure out when the last time he played them and had a 25 game win streak.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Which is why sok also asks, why would his experience be different from a month or two ago.

If you want your point to be relevant, you have to prove that something changed in the last two months to make Phynixe's experience with KF invalid, or at least less accurate.

16. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

In the same instance can anyone actually validate what he says is true? I was on a break so didn't play much in May/June so didn't witness this amazing battle group myself.. Did you lose to this wizard deck he talks about? A 25 win streak is.. Relatively unlikely as even people such as tiny lose a few a day.

17. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Every time I see something about KF, someone says: "nora to HP ratio... nora to HP ratio"...

So, I thought I'd have a quick look.

First, the new releases:

Naria: 0.67
    Arroyo: 0.68
    Valdaci: 0.68

These guys are pretty much the same. So, I thought, "everyone says Salaman are OP and I think they have a really poor ratio".

I was correct: 0.63 - but they were better than I thought.

Next, what about Fairy? They seem to be pretty low.

WOWZERS: 0.57! That does look like a mega drop. I've not checked for significance, but I think this is probably a genuine problem.

Is something over costed on fairies?

18. super71

Actually it's not that unlikely, I went on a 20 game win streak when beasts were extremely broken and a 15 game win streak when grints were broken also depends on opponents skill level. They were both right after the initial re-vamp though. I'm also curious though when he did this win streak, just to see when and what runes were good at the time.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

this week is the first time ive played in euh, months/years? dunno

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Not too much. It's just that they start with lower base HP, and base HP is pretty cheap formula wise. Basically, EVERY CHAMP would have an increase in the ratio if you added HP at cost.

So in some ways, yes, you could say that Fae are disadvantaged unfairly because unlike most themes which have a spread of HP, they are almost all low HP, so they are, technically speaking, less efficient from that perspective.