What's wrong with KF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Jul 20, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Banner is irrelevant as every race has access to that.

Boost is also widely available.

The +5 from chained is the only standout thing to fae and it's good. However the tempo hit early sometimes preventing a 2nd deploy for early fonts can be pretty hindering.

Fae is probably my favourite KF theme, relying on the soft CC to out manoeuvre your opponent.. However it's very unforgiving and a mistake costs much more than in other themes. The shift towards fae being equip based to scale up their poor damage was nice, but I still enjoy the force barriers/prismatic crystals/knockout/soothing serenade etc more

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    super71 likes this.
  2. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

As in I stopped playing them about a month or two ago.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

When was your 25 game win streak ?

4. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

After the release of the expansion I believe. Not the midterm. Actually I'm not sure. Also, the 25 thing might be exaggerating it, I went on a huge winning spree and I climbed from 1000 rating to 1540 smoothly, some of which were bad players, some were decent, and some were top notch.

5. super71

.... Your not sure, it might be you exaggerating, some bad players. Not even gonna bother looking for it lol if you find it let me know.

6. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

You play FW, a faction that have easy time whenever it cant be rushed....

And about the OP. Go watch karmavore: yesterday he was claiming fairies as OP and he win some match with them. The theme is not bad at all, and wizards/delim are still good. They suffer all of a slow build syndrome, but that's all. Adding a good tank or two in the next expansion will suffice.

And if people still don't love the faction (that was low on popularity even when broken) just remember: not everybody loves to play a wargame with effeminated guys and furry rabbits...

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

KF players are what's wrong with KF

Pedeguerra, SPiEkY, Cydna and 2 others like this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

This reminds me of all those times Norathat and iajabababoo tried to claim that IS was bad lol

SPiEkY and Pattn199 like this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

for the sake of fitting the theme that pox players are going for.

FW is bad

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

FW is what's wrong with KF.

11. super71

I've admitted fw is easy mode a million times lol, I've also admitted some zombies are even overpowered. Your stating nothing new with that.

Also I watched the majority of karma games yesterday, it was actually pretty funny. We were both kinda confused about what his opponents were doing the whole time. I also told him I'd like to see him play against someone with a similar skill level using these themes.

I never said they were horrible I said comparatively to most factions right now they don't exceed at any one thing ud has damage, st has hp, fs and sp Nora gen, fw cheap Bane Shift. K'thir isn't the fastest faction anymore as many factions have 7 speeders now, and they don't have the best range as many factions even ud have decent range options now.

Also nice way to change a topic from finding your 25 game win streak with k'thir.

Karmas wins only prove what we already know, he's a very good veteran player going against people he'd beat with terrible themes.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think this is moderately incorrect, and is a bad perception to perpetuate. "Rush FW" will lose more games than it wins; if it does work, it's because the FW player has built an over-greedy deck with too many moving parts.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think he meant Rushed against, meaning that if you don't rush FW, they've got an easier time winning

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

DrakeArron and SPiEkY like this.
  15. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I feel like neither of these is correct. I mean, I'm a newb but is any faction so predictable that every BG from that faction has the same weakness thats that simple? I mean, saying "you should rush zombies" or "you should rush witches" would be a bit more acceptable to me, a least.

16. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

If a FW player says rushing against FW is bad its because he is misleading you because rushing is good against FW.
    You can trust me on this because i am a FW player.

17. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I highly doubt that kalasle is trying to mislead anyone.
    Also, this seems very matter- of- fact and not very stable as an argument. What about rushing FW with BG's that are bad at rushing? Surely such BG's exist, and that would be a bad idea? What about the map your on? What if the FW player is better at rushing then you and has decided to rush you first? What if the FW player has played two grim wells nearly completely covering a chokepoint that you have to go through to rush?
    I'm pretty sure saying such a simple tactic as rushing is ALWAYS good against any faction is a bad idea. Could you argue rushing is a good idea the majority of the time? Sure, however depending on the exceptions it may be better to state that differently.
    But saying anything is bad or good no matter what isn't usually a good idea. I mean, I know I'm a newb and generally less experienced then you, but considering there appears to be equal disagreement so far I think falling back on usual debate methods is usfull.

18. super71

How about you guys take your fw nonsense to another thread, i'm still trying to see this 25 game win streak that keeps getting avoided. Also let's not pretend guys that fw isn't the simplest faction in the game, don't even try to argue it because that'd be silly.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Haha this is priceless.