When did we get rid of rank decay ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Probably a silly question but when did this go away ? Ballballer hasnt played a game since September 2016 and hasnt dropped any exp which is why Im wondering when we got rid of this and also why ?

Thbigchief, Braxzee and Tweek516 like this.
  2. PrinceLeaf

PrinceLeaf The King of Potatoes

I agree, its kinda silly!

darkpally5 likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Also it would be cool if after battle master their were even more cool icons for your rank compared to others. Right now everyone is just a purple skull and the top 10 get cool icons...

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

we know who the top players are.

Here I thought this thread was going to be about ranks of decay. click baited.

PrinceLeaf and damnfoolishyeti like this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i assume it's why ballballer hasn't played in months, but what i'm really curious about is what hell did he use to get his rank that high anyway?

what was that broken in september of last year lol

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Voil mostly. Not to say that baller is bad by any means.

7. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It was a lot of voil with the hyaenid dream crusher pre-nerf, and pre nerf boosts on all the voil summons plus a voil hitting you from range 8 -9. I would not say it was broken or being abusive to where it was an auto win. If others were to run the same BG they would not win with it as much.

8. Braxzee

I vote for Decay again

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Yeah, it is kind of stupid, since it doesn't really accruately represent who is the top player is in a reasonable time frame. A simple decay if not play a game in a month or 3 weeks is better than what the current system offers. Tournaments setting would prefer the current way tho

Braxzee likes this.
  10. Braxzee

Especially with all the balance changes that occur it would be nice to have some sort of decay

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Just prior to this rank system though the rank decay was ridiculously fast. If you where not playing and winning multiple games every day your rank was droping, not slipping away. I prefer the no rank decay to rapid rank decay. If you you check ballballer game history there is a whole lot of +1's-+5's No reason why anyone could get over 3k with enough consecative wins. If you look at his rank history you can also see he was basically playing all day every day.

In SoE and early DOG the rank system was really easy to climb. I developed a system and it was "play one, win one" as long as i won one game a day i would rank up with almost no decay.

Now it is just points, so if you are under 3k to pass ballballer it is combination of you not winning consecutively or you not playing enough. Only recently do we have multiple people creeping around low and mid 2k.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

game is no more balanced than it was yesterday. that would require design changes, which probably won't be made because of retards on the forums, and the devs for some reason listening to them.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

After a week of no games you lose 5xp a day until you return to 1000 or something like that?

How did it used to work was there a formula or flat numbers?

14. calisk

Not how it works or ball would be a lot lower

15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I mean that was my suggestion of how a decay /could/ work.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I'm in Thailand, which is why I'm not playing. I played Voil, Dwarves, chops, meta sp, and moga. I played voil the most though and it was the strongest of my decks. I'd be fine with rank decay. I just set out to get to 3000 exp and once I got it I stopped.

17. calisk

Makes sense.

18. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

What are you doing in Thailand brosef? I'm in South Korea now myself.

19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

*waves from China* We cover most of asia it seems! :p

Gnomes likes this.
  20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Teaching English, but I'm done on the 28th. Then I'm just going to travel around the world until ~the beginning of May and then I'll go to law school in August.