When DOG took game over SOE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was impressed at first, they reduced "power crap".
    I was hoping for regular patching,
    I was like wow this game will be cool once again.

I dont like complaining but i guess we made it 180 degrees,
    New runes are getting released at incredible "old" power rate.
    Lets look for example at SL Guardian of whatever or this UD's raptor minos etc

Power level of single rune is incredible once again.

I think game like this should have a bit longer fights, nowadays single rune can deal like 50 dmg in 1 turn this is not supposed to happen. Champs should NEVER be able to boost dmg to 15-20 or even more.

We get new runes new power levels and we leave good old rune forgotten like one of my FAV - Draksar Archer, this one can be compared to like every Archer in game and it will lose in power level, even Goblin Archer is better. I won't mention here newer range units.

Can we plz think about reducing power of SINGLE runes,
    In Such games champs/spells should work together. 1vARMY scenarios should not happen

Peace

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Game's balance is bad. Was terrible post revamp, got improved a lot after a shitload of work by Sok, stagnated a bit, then started going down the drain again due to people wanting all their stuff buffed all the time and not having it nerfed as well.
    GG

3. Faust

I Would rather think of reducing power level of problematic runes instead of getting existing things buffed.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are always going to be some outliers here and there, and they will be addressed if necessary - as is the normal procedure around here.

I definitely disagree that things are at "old" power rate though.

Remember that old power rate meant this:
    upload_2015-12-16_10-3-36.png

Which in today's game would cost 90 nora.

Instead, he has this build:

upload_2015-12-16_10-3-5.png

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think the state of balance in pox is great.

Course, the doomsayer ped will always think otherwise.

Ifem21, doubtofbuddha and narvoxx like this.
  6. Faust

Today's UD Raptor SL Guardian or SP electric dog for example will still be better deploy then some of OLD "power runes"

7. Sokolov

Electric Dog is being nerfed.

I think the SL Guardian is on the high end, but it's only really that way when it's near relics. I am deciding what to do with Relic Guardian in general, but probably just a small cost increase if anything.

Raptor might need a tap, but it's also strongest when Sibling is in action, plus its power level drops dramatically once Empowered: Speed wears off.

As I said, there's always going to be some outliers and strong vs weak runes, but I don't think you can use these examples to say that the game is at the pre-revamp power levels. There's no way it can be given how closely the formula is followed generally speaking, unless we introduce something pretty new like Stormreader on the dog, which is currently miscosted somewhat.

~

But I agree with you in general that we want to avoid that kind of powercreep, and so if there are things that are out of line, do point it out and I will take a look at them :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

*cough cough* release common version of guardian's treasure *cough cough*

Goyo likes this.
  9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The only runes that I can think of that you are talking about are the FS soul feast champs, which are Firking insane!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I saw the layout of the post and I got super exited

I thought it was a rap, or a least a rhyme

Kampel likes this.
  11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I remember when 15 dam was huge,,(thats how it should be) now its not even a big deal..I havent played much lately , but only a few months ago, I played a 2v2 match against dwarves..anyway before long everyone's running around with 20+dam upwards of 6def and 70 hp..im sure u can guess the rest...I miss the days of small dam and hp.
    one lesson I learned from being a DM way back is,,, once u start handing out big power,,its really not possible to go back.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Can you guess where it went wrong in your post in correlation to balance or feel for the game, in this case in terms of power and hp?

It's just quite laughable that you're complaining that dmg and hp is too small when you're playing with double the resources and double the cards.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I posted a thread a while back about defense and similar abilities being over costed due to how easy it is now to one round a champ. Damage needs pushed back to many factions have access to spot damage increases and for large amounts.

I've also noticed that were really encouraging summons again which was one of the greatest things about the re-vamp and now they are back in full force.

Were introducing power creep which is necessary to make money, but at the same time were slowly reverting to poxnora under soe except more free to play.

14. Sokolov

Can you explain how summons are being encouraged again?

I have been continually nerfing summons and changing them back to having no upgrades, as well as introducing counters.

15. Tweek516

Tbf, with the increasing expansion and popularity of delim summons probably will become more common.

Strange case where both of you are right, not introduced any more summons, nerfed summons, increased counters - yet the changing meta means they are more prevelant.

16. Sokolov

Can you explain what this is in reference to exactly?

I have nerfed numerous things related to DMG stacking this year (for example, Commander/Improve Damage/Boost and Skeezick Alliance, etc.) and have plans to address %-based damage buffs like Soulfeast.

What specific things have been added or changed that makes you feel like DMG has increased across the board lately?

17. Vorian

That new snaptooth is Firking insane in snaptooth! With ma 3 and gaining like 2 ap per every friendly attack, it can do like 35 damage every turn and it only costs 72 nora!

18. Vorian

Soul feast is the biggest 1 its pure ****! It wouldn't be so bad without psychic amp though...

19. Tweek516

Lol wat

What does that have to do with summons

20. Vorian

Its got both vivify and impatient giving it 2ap per every friendly attack.