When DOG took game over SOE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah I know, just wondering what this has to do with summons

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The last couple expansions look at how many runes were released that involve summons, i now dedicate one rune in every bg again to killing summons.

3. super71

Yes and you did a great job nerfing all that especially the commander changes but then you backtrack and introduce things like st. semmirs brew and medal of honor.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I don't care if Hyaenid Dreamcrusher gets a cost increase but could disbelief do like 20 damage instead of 10 to summons? Hyaenid Crusher is auto anyway for disbelief alone.

5. Tweek516

10 dmg global to summons is still pretty strong.

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh you are right I will drop it. Forget I even mentioned it.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This expansion had... one? Last expansion had.. 2 I think, one of which is Lodestone Megalith which is not really the same kind of summon thing, since it's not a repeatable ability and the unit sucks without its babies.

8. Sokolov

I am guessing you mean Medal of Valor? That only gets you +1 DMG on kills, so I can't see that being a primary problem.

The Brews have worked that way since revamp, thought it is true I made the Beermaiden which can give them out more readily.

I guess it brings me back to the question of... what is acceptable exactly? What mechanics are ok if so many mechanics are bad?

9. Sokolov

Yea, I do think it's a bit too much but I need to schedule some code time to go thru the brews (plus they work differently, which it silly).

That said, I don't think the DMG buff itself is a bad idea, but the amount and duration are a bit much.

Now, I would say tho that a champ using 2 of its active abilities to give +7 DMG or whatever doesn't seem out of line - if it had a basic attack and DMG instead it was going to do around 7 DMG with that AP anyway. The problem is that the DMG lasts multiple turns and allows for more than one attack.

10. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

You should look to reduce meta's hold over the game in favor of themes.

11. super71

One summon unit can be a problem as you well know so when you get 3 or 4 and keep adding more to the theme you end up with the way delim are now.

Abilities like ferocious bite, the ritual abilities, absolute zero, elemental burst, the catalyst abilities. Those are all very unique abilities and bring a lot of flavor to their respective themes. I am really liking abilities like pilgrim's offering and deploy abilities for your next deployed units adds an extra layer of depth.

The only things I really dislike are global abilities, those could go entirely and i would be fine with it.

12. Sokolov

Well, it's certainly more of a problem on ranged as always, but a facehugging melee Dwarf with +10 DMG and the AP from Holy Armaments is pretty intimidating too.

13. Sokolov

So you like debuffs and indirect damage. And you like stuff like Pilgrim's, but probably dislike Lead the Charge and Spare Wings because they give AP/SPD, I assume.

14. Tweek516

Hahah the backtracking.

You always just make up claims and 'facts', and backtrack and change what you're saying as soon as someone calls you out on it.

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro
    i never complained dam was to small,
    in fact I never complained ,, I merely joined a discussion. .
    as far as my 2v2 match , granted bad example, , but I dont think u need examples of how ridiculously high damage players can obtain now, relative to the dam ouput in early pox...which was simply my point
    ..100% increase is a conservative guess. .
    jmo

16. Sokolov

Well, yes, if you compare to EARLY pox it's a lot more DMG. But what's funny is we had a draft with just old runes (this was before a lot of them were buffed and changed), and it was largely nostalgia... because running around hitting things for 5 DMG and then clicking end turn and taking 20 rounds to kill a champ isn't actually all that exciting lol

17. Sokolov

But the more pertinent question is whether DMG is an issue now, and some seem to be feel that DMG has increased in the past little while (2-3 months)? This hasn't been an intentional direction on my part, and I think it's partly due to meta shifts and meta maturing/settling down a bit after the turmoil of the revamp an early Return of the Sok days which had a lot of champ changes. It's also possible some combinations of nora cost changes have made certain higher DMG champs more efficient. It may also be related to nora formula costs which increased for HP changing the nora/cost relationship between DMG and HP.

It might also just be a few specific abilities giving stat buffs. For example, not directly DMG, but things like Cull and Soulfeast do quite a bit of bonus DMG, and can make individual hits quite high even if the base DMG is not.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just saying I love the whole "Gift: X" idea. More please

19. super71

I didn't like spare wings at first but it was fine after a while as less people were abusing it.

When did i backtrack, if your gonna make personal attacks man at least make sense. By the way who are you even ?

20. Tweek516

Claim tons of summon units have been released, sok says its 2 in the last 2 expansions (megalith doesn't count), and you backtrack saying you only need one to be a problem

Not a personal attack, that would be if I started insulting you instead of what you say. Here's a personal attack: you're a whiny idiot.

Who am I? Nobody. But I've been around for a long time, and I tend hover around rank 50 when I play games every day. Not much of an achievement I know, but its where I'm at.