Where have all the Skeezick Gone?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MrCharles, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MrCharles

MrCharles Member

I just started thumbing threw SL runes today and realized I don't think I've played against or seen a Skeezick deck since I started playing fairly regularly again.

In general this particular spot on the forums seems pretty silent but I do see a good bit of Dragon and the occasional Drak theme mixed in with Junk stuff. Anybody got a current BG to post?

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hiding under the rock to avoid nerf calls. :p

MrCharles likes this.
  3. MrCharles

MrCharles Member

Lol are they unbalanced?

4. Karamasov

Karamasov I need me some PIE!

I've found, from the little I have played Skeezick that they struggle against summon spam. There's been quite a lot in the meta at times. Got tired of losing to worse players running skeletons ;) They also struggle against decks with high dam numbers - and not just frost amp. But I would say that they are still really strong, it's just that some of the top tier decks counter them.

FYI I run 5 dragons and 4 skeez in my meta deck.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Vanguard

skeezicks are tanky, cheap both in nora and shards, so they are very nice for beginners. also its true they struggle vs summons.

6. MrCharles

MrCharles Member

Which skeez made it to your meta?

7. Etherielin

*****...err I mean Whorl.

8. Karamasov

Currently Master Trapsmith (as a test), Drummer and 2x Whorl. Vanguard is also a solid meta rune. Sentry, Alchemist and Resilient have potential in some meta bgs as well. Trigger can be run with relic overload, but is slated for a nerf in the next patch.

9. Voidtrain

Voidtrain The King of Potatoes

What makes Whirlyboy so good anyway?

10. Etherielin

His ability to be able to hold a font on his own through a combination of repulsion, slam and inhibiting touch while being cheap as hell.

11. Karamasov

Whorl is good, but you need to know about the repulsion interaction to make use of him. For that same reason it can not hold a font by itself. If you engage a Whorl and slap a relic behind the engaging champ (or engage in a way so the champ can't be pushed back) the Whorl will be unable to disengage.

12. Etherielin

I know, it's my favourite method of murdering it.

13. Karamasov

We had the discussion before :) Others might be interested.

Etherielin likes this.
  14. Voidtrain

Voidtrain The King of Potatoes

I am definitely interested, but i cant say ive ever encounted one.