Where to go with my Dwarf BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Arkonis, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Arkonis

Arkonis New Member

Hey everyone, I just started playing Pox again after a few years. I've been trying to get back into it but the meta has changed rather drastically since I last played. Currently the BG I'm running is:

https://poxbase.com/deck/CPCq_ctdC4KCqAchtcifC1tCx7C7BSls4Gs6Ms4-sPs2ds1prHrirYe2Oe_

It's got some glaring flaws at the moment ie. some cards that I'd like to add I don't have the crystals to make. Also a lot of my old BG had cards in it that have since lost a lot of purpose or aren't too competitive now.

I've got two questions:

1. To get a fleshed out all around Dwarf BG using the above BG as a base, where should I change things to make it more competitive?

2. What are some of the better ways to get cards to fill in the gaps (besides straight up $$ purchase)? Daily skirmishes? Scrapping every other card I don't use? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Your relic and equipment set up is good. I would drop Valor because it's not good. Some options to replace it with include Tales of Valor, Earthquake, Bane Blast and Instill Panic.

Priest of Valdac x2 is not needed. In fact, Dwarven Medic is a better healer. I run PoV in some of my BGs for Divine Favor. I suggest dropping 1, if not both.

You're only running 4 range units so I'd suggest adding more. Scarlet Wing and Pontiff of Almara are good units you might want to look at. I would drop 1, if not both of the Stalwart Defenders.

I don't know what your budget is, but some other good includes are Dwarven Hooligan, Paladin Commanders, Euan and Talgar are solid includes. Euan and Talgar are not really necessary, but Paladin Commander is a solid include.

2. Daily skirmishes, daily achievements and Heroic Achievements are the best F2p way to increase collection. Also sometimes there is a weekend tournament in which you can participate in for free and acquire runes if you win.

Also check this out: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/by-beard-we-conquer-a-recreated-guide-to-dwarves.67/

Arkonis likes this.
  3. Arkonis

Arkonis New Member

I will definitely keep onto that advice and implement it as those cards you mention become available. At the moment I don't really have any of the cards you mentioned, unfortunately!

To address the issues of the ranged units, the only current ranged champions I own for IS but don't have implemented are: Favored Nomad x2, Dwarven Catapult x1, Griffin Rider x2, and Pox Renovator x1.

In regards to daily skirmishes I actually just was working on Rule Breakers 2 - Goblin Brute! and I got rocked. That 7 speed, non stop spawn of Goblin Brutes that can all hit 2 times each overwhelmed me pretty quick.

In regards to daily achievements do you know if the Win X games with a full (faction) battlegroup can be accomplished with the public decks? I don't have enough cards to make my own full bgs (nevermind functioning ones) for each of the factions it requests.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You could throw in a Griffin Rider for now.

Yes public decks do count towards the daily achievements.

I think, but am not sure, that Refute (spell) will prevent the dailies from spawning runes like Sunderpede and Goblin Brute.

5. Arkonis

Arkonis New Member

For building a specific faction is there a strategy for development? For example should I buy the booster packs or should I just keep saving up and buy the bigger boxes every time?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you like the feeling of opening up cards and try to get lucky, save up for the Extended Box. I believe the best value comes from the Elven Valor theme deck. Pretty much just shard or trade in anything you don't want/use.

Poxbox.net is the main trading store.

Arkonis likes this.