Who has the biggest brain?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Atherhog, Dec 4, 2014.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm use to it at this point

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The One Above All....

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Are we talking physical size of the brain or IQ here? If it's physical size I will throw my hat in the ring. My head was too big to fit through the birth canal and they ended up pulling me out with an oversized set of forceps and some lubricant. Have had a larger head than normal my whole life.

Discussing who has the greatest IQ would likely be pointless since test varies so widely. I would also be willing to bet that pox as a community has a slightly higher average IQ than some other games since "intelligent" people tend to be attracted to complex puzzle games or games heavy in strategy and tactics. If this is the case it would make pinpointing any one person as "most intelligent" difficult.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Damnit Markoth, trying to type in Netflix. I see your name on my alerts, and just Googled Metflix. Now I am stuck watching the Mets fail while eating my Toquitos

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Too bad Mw24's IQ brings down the overall average of the community.

Netherzen and MEATMAN like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I apologize. I have that effect on people.
    Edit: On the subject of tests I got a 1460 on the SAT but that was on the old SAT before the score range got changed. It bugs me because the score was considered very good but on the new teat the same score would be considered below average.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

IQ kind of hard to measure though
    different test give different result

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

My head was so big that I was born with a caesarian. Git un my level.

But yes, IQ is practically meaningless. It describes how good you are at taking IQ tests.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If it makes anyone feel better, CCSD (my school district) had to lower the passing grades on the Exams that were required for Seniors to Graduate. Originally it was 300 out of 500 to pass, but now it's 242.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Intelligence is very broadly defined but I personally feel that it can be described as the meagure of a persons ability to apply their knowledge to complete a task or solve a problem. A very intelligent child can do a lot with what little knowledge they can learn in the few years of their life. However, they can be stumped by tasks or problems that someone older with only average intelligence has had years to learn and might find easy. Many intelligent children find school very easy early on and may not even need to study or think about their homework. Everything just seems to come naturally because logic and reason are well defined for them. They apply less and less time to learning and by the time junior or senior years of highschool roll around they have not learned as much as their counterparts and find themselves average or even behind other students because they never developed proper learning habits.

Being more intelligent is great but unless you also have knowledge to go with it it is wasted.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sounds like me. Though I never lost my grasp to want to understand everything. I just never put effort to learn more than I needed at the time. I started to fall a bit short 11/12th grade. It was very entertaining to know most of what I needed before hand. I never had homework from 7-12th. I just found out what needed to be done, did it. (Usually a week in advance.) Then went home, and slept.

I swear I spent more time reading in the library than I actually spent in class. The teachers didn't care much as I had already done everything to be done. XD God I miss high-school. For as Antisocial as I was, everything was black, or white. Either something needed to be done, or it didn't. I could do a months worth of work, in the library, over 3 days, and have the rest of the month off, just to sit and read.

Why can't adult work be so simple?

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It is simple but everyone spends so much time trying to hide the fact that they have no idea what they are doing to notice that no one else knows what they are doing either.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think I'm pretty intelligent. Just lazy as Firk.

My Government teacher yelled at me for reading a book while we were taking notes then proceeds to say "No wonder some of you do so bad on tests." I have an A in his class and I just took another test which I feel like I got a B or an A on that I didn't even study for.

Then in English, we had to do some sentence structure thing we've been doing for the last week. Apparently she changed the things we double-underline and when I showed her my sentence she goes "No you weren't supposed to underline that, maybe if you came to school more you wouldn't be so far behind." After she said this, I checked my grade, an A. Then I helped the other students at my table complete their sentences, they got the points, but I didn't.

I love when teachers scold me about my grades/intelligence when I Firking know my stuff.

QQ, I'm mad F*** because the English thing just happened today.

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

School ... A more than moderately silly institution. Back in the day I made a habit of reading the wrong books in class - history in biology, biology in English and English in history.

The capitalisation of that sentence is frustrating me. Is the nationality still capitalized when actually the name of a course? Or should I capitalize all the course names? Oh A grade in English, I am doing you injustice.

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

keep telling yourself that

Netherzen likes this.