Why can $ stores post but not individuals

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by jesterman7, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

This seems hypocritical to me that PoxBox, PoxBrothers, TCG/poxportal in past can post and advertise yet individual $ orders are not approved.

2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Those stores also offer non $ trades I believe. (never used PoxBrothers, don't really know about that one)

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

If I remember correctly, PoxBox, PoxBros. etc. are all sanctioned by SoE (and now I guess DoG kept the sanctions), in that they are trusted traders with excellent rating.

Individuals can scam others.

4. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

It's more likely to be the clause about prohibiting advertising selling on this site, PoxBox advertises and sells off site.

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Indeed, on SOE's side of things and in general administrative point of view, it's a somewhat complicated process.

For most publishers, the trading of items for cash is generally prohibited, but even in those cases where there is no prohibition (it is never endorsed), it is highly discouraged.

In some of the publishers I have been involved with, typically it deals with the wholesale of accounts, and if we find evidence that an account has been bought (usually through the use of gold sellers, which are almost always prohibited), then we can close the account. On the other hand, people will engage in "risky" third-party transactions and due to the number of individuals that can potentially be involved in these purchases as well as the number of people that are dedicated to trying to track down the trail, we can't ban them out completely.

We also have no power over third party websites, if we find a gold selling website or account trader website, we can put it on our watch list as well as monitor to see if we can track people that are using those websites, if we have enough people that are dedicated to that task, however, again, not usually done.

What we can easily do, however, is control our own sites, so if we find chat logs of gold selling and/or account trading, or we find posts that are advertising third party purchases, we can remove those posts and ban those accounts.

From how I believe SOE will see things, PoxBox, PoxBrothers, and PoxPortal will be under the classification of "Fan Websites" similar to PoxPulse, PoxBase, etc.

In the end, I would say on any given person, that third party purchases are considered to be generally "high risk", would not be endorsed by any major publisher, and done at your own risk. If you buy from them, and you lose your money, your account, or anything else, we cannot and most likely will not be able to do anything for you.

Again, if we see a post explicitly stating that you are selling your own account, that would be a huge breach of ToS, and would be promptly deleted, and that account may be flagged to be watched and/or banned.

This is all from other publisher standpoints, however, these experiences are generally applicable to most places.