why did nobody tell me time commanders was back?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

using Rome 2 Total war and Napoleon total war this time?

always fun seeing people totally fail at total war using a chain of command in the mix.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

is that top video running slower than normal speed or is everyone's voice unusually deep?

also, you guys do have better tv

also, English accents start to grate after awhile.

also, how come none of the contestants have last names?

Geressen likes this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Don't know about the video speed, maybe the red haired historian is throwing you? though I agree sometimes it seems way deeper, I think like the border it is to prevent copyright strikes.
    nah The Netherlands are internationally known for Bane Shift tv-show formats that somehow get copied worldwide, that up there is English.

I don't notice the accents since it is all a second language to me, if anything I enjoy the differences, I myself adopted a slight Irish accent by hanging out with the Irish.

they probably do have last names but English tv is less formal than you are used to?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Where's my Matt Easton content.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

My Russian handler forbid me from notifying @Geressen that Time Commanders had returned.

I don't know what sick game she is playing!! Also, I think she is part bear.

[​IMG]

Etherielin, Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

one of the ways that youtube uploaders dodge being detected for uploading copyrighted material is changing the various technical specs, meaning they'll run it faster or slower, change the audio balance, and so on. that's likely what happened here

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

The reason I think the red headed Historian is throwing people is because I am fairly sure she and the guy that was historian a decade ago are the same person:

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ha, I used to love this.

This time they should recreate historical battles using total:warhammer orks and vampires.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Dunno if you'd be really interested, but if you want to see people using a commander structure and failing to win at Total War, I saw this Yogscast series (a paid promotion) a while back using the Warhammer entry in the series. Might be good for a short bit of fun at least.

Geressen likes this.
  10. Ragic

they spend a little too much time showing the contestants though. they need to do the commentary in the background and let us see more of the action. perhaps add graphics to illustrate what they are saying. If we really must see their faces then do them in little boxes. also need more slow mo replays on key moments. play with the camera angles. put some damn production value into it.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well that would probably cost money.

who'se money would that be?

that was a serious question, this is what I got for googling BBC funding:
    [​IMG]

did not expect Norway in there.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. Ragic

oh come on, your average utuber could do it in their spare time. fire the damn historian and hire a millennial with his junk still intact.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

How do you know the historian's junk is not intact?

mmmmmmmm?

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Ragic

hmmm, youre right, the voice would be higher