Why Do I Need to Log In to the Rune Manager?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Why do I need to log in to the rune manager when I am already logged in to the client?

They are both the same account and I think it's safe to say anyone who logged into the client can get into the rune manager.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Rune manager is like a web browser included within the client, it's not fully integrated.
    it's your first time trying the features? because I had to log only once

3. enkiadu

enkiadu New Member

This way you can let someone play a few games, without worrying that he'll mess the BGs - or trade them away :>

4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just figured I would point out that the first thing my friend said when using the new Rune Manager was "So, I've only had to log into the website once, but I need to log in twice in game? Isn't it meant to just be a rune manager for the client?"

I am still finding it mildly odd to need to log in, especially since it has the "remember" bit. I have had to log in 3 times so far regardless.

I know it might not be "fully integrated", but I hope that that is the eventual goal.

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Yeah, it seems that it's somewhat like the steam client which has its own internal browser that is launched when you browse through the pages, kind of.

Hopefully it will eventually be synched up though, I do think that is the eventual goal.

6. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

I would imagine that once they have the single sign on stuff working you won't have to worry about it. Just a minor annoyance until then.

7. KTCAOP

I didn't say it properly in that other thread but…

Hi DaisyDukeNukem :3

Hope you are doing well ^_^

8. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Indeed; and it is nice to just enjoy the game as a game.

9. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I click for it to remember me and it asks me to log in almost every time I open the client into the Rune Manager and into the Rune Forge.

10. KTCAOP

It won't work in the client, but it should work in the website.