Why do somone lie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Firk, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

So i got a call from my stepfather late last night saying he is on visit in town and needs to sleep here. As i am, i always say yes even if i had other plans(and yes i had other plans).

The thing is he is a lier and is trying to bring me down with him, for some reason he cant sleeep at my mothers probably because he is a lier but she wants to test him or somthing.

So he gets here and tells me is it ok if we dont tell your mother i slept here. Thing is i dont want to be brought in into there affairs and its christmas so to stay out of it i basically just shut up. And that for him is confarmation i am a lier to.

So i slep on it and i dont lie, so i told my stepfather tell my mother you slept here, before she asks me and i will tell her.

He gons on about how we decided not to tell her, i never agreed to that i just shut up.

This is what peapole do to me they bring me in to there Bane Shift and litterely brings me down because i cant win whatever i do.

If i dont tell her i will be a lier to and i refuse to do that. If i do tell my mom he will be Bane Shift angry at me for ruining christmas and its all my fault anyway.

So if your gonna be firked i rather be it the honest way.

Sounds trivial its not this has been going on my entire life in different forms

SireofSuns likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Telling the truth is almost always the best choice. Some people absolutely love to firk over others in RL, which is a hard truth. My wife cut her dad out of her life almost 100% x2 years, cause he incessantly lied and manipulated without apparent shame. She is a much stronger person now, but it was a tough transition.

Tell mom the truth, and then tell him you aren't his priest or bodyguard. Also inform him that u won't cover for him if/when he lies and/or sneaks around in the future. Follow through enough and he will realize u done evolved beyond silly games.

Good luck, and merry everything!

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why do people lie?

have you played town of salem? people are ********, most will believe anything.
    then it becomes a habit.

you should tell your mother, you never agreed to anything so you will not be going against your word. and you obviously want to.

( also I think it is supposed to be liar, but what do I know.)

DarkJello likes this.
  4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

You are the smartest internet owl I have ever virtually met.