Why does snaptooth crawmangler pay 6 nora for regen 1.5 that costs ap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jun 17, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

seriously sok?

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If I remember correctly that ability was on at least 2 other units prior to the revamp, and was costed for the effect, not for the champ it was on. Personally I think the ability itself is alright. Whether it should remain on Craw' or not, I don't know.

3. claydude5

I'd rather crawmangler had an semblance of damage given it is on a similar level of tankyness as hunchback but has 0 utility and even less damage

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

what ability?

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Crawmangler is not important. I have posted about this in the past. Post about CA drain on 6 damage Crawmangler and prepare to be ignored.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am not sure when you posted about it, and I apologize if I missed it.

In any case, he used to have 12 DMG and Debilitate, so it was kind of a thing for him. It is kind of silly now though.

There are two ways to handle a champ like this... reduce his tankiness a little bit to give him more damage so that he "tanks via the heal." (Like -1 DEF and +3 DMG or something). We could also give him some ways to pump his DMG, but I think either way his base DMG needs to go up a little bit.

Or just move away from CA: Drain altogether.

While I like the former in theory because it brings him more back to his old self, a quick glance at him suggests he is going to be a bit difficult to work with, as he has 2 upgrade lines locked up in defensive abilities, and is already 77 nora. I think people would be concerned if he lost access to have Tough and Scale Armor as that is kind of his thing atm, so this makes him hard to juggle.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  7. claydude5

What about something along the lines of enrage? What cost would -1 def for enrage:1 and +1 damage put him at?

8. Sokolov

It'd cost him 1 nora, lol :D

9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

With Enrage and +1dmg he will still tank a lot (the way we love and doesn't need change) and still will be able to do some damage.

claydude5 likes this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Also stitched magearm used to have combo attack:drain.
    Can he get it back?

TheBulwark likes this.
  11. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i dont feel he realy needs healing,he needs sumthin moar

12. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I feel like he could just lose Combo Attack: Drain. He's always been a tank as his primary design and I feel like Combo Attack: Drain was slapped on and only had potency in pre-revamp era because of how overloaded so many units were, including him. In fact, as I recall, he also had one more speed, had six more damage and may have been cheaper.

13. Sokolov

This is what he used to be: http://archive.terhix.com/#!/champion/1101

But yea, I could see CA: Drain going off him too, but I might have to add some DMG anyway or some other minor ability so he doesn't end up too efficient (considering he is Scale Armor + Tough + 3 DEF currently).

We could also revive the CA: Drain "tank" on a new/another champion.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I'd personally be okay with him staying at his cost and just losing CA: Drain. He's already well designed and that's why we use manual modifiers. Unrelatedly, there's other Snaptooth that could use slight retools to make them a little more interesting.

15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I just faced one,how the hell do you kill that thing?Scale armor,tough 3,3 defense,phase shift.
    Also multitattack 3 racial,really?

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You don't, 6dmg joke...

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Super siege, any relic or shrine this damages instantly dies.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You walk around it ... It doesn't exactly do much damage. Lately played against someone with 2x colossal boa. I ended up killinghis avatar while both boas were alive, one of them for practically the whole game, with pretty much full HP.

Leadrz likes this.
  19. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Yeah, the only thing I could think of being scary is infuse.

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I would focus on removing some tankiness before considering much damage potential. I'm actually not a fan of any champ having scale armor + tough + high defense in general. Just drop tough and change combo attack drain to stun. Then he can make things stick to him better, his low damage can be how your opponent tries to deal with not being stunned all day