Why does ST and voil pay more for flying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

"vet proof ability" ?

and i was really asking, i haven't played with the new version, just seen the nerfcalls.
    also, iirc comparing the cost difference between the makeup of the bundle for NKD and the makeup of the bundle for these flighty abilities is rather unfair, but i don't know the numbers off the top of my head

first one's a freebie? gimme a taste to get me hooked?

yeeeeeeeeeeeh?

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah dagda, as in "only people who cant work around NKD are those who keep attacking a full AP champ who did nothing the turn before but stood still".
    But I disgress, carry on with the topic.
    How much is Dragonflight?

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno, but i thought that would come up earlier honestly (as in, right after my first post)

proud of you guys for holding back

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hold back? No can do, my friend.

Dagda likes this.
  5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that hurt.

6. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I forgot that they also had their ability changed so here we go!

Dragonflight: 8 nora

Gives 2 ap(???), flying(+6) and aerial supremacy(+7) for 6 turns. 13+ total

Now that isn't a completely fair assessment since they only get supremacy for a few turns but it's still safe to say that dragonflight is probably undercosted while the other two are over. This is still assuming that ST flyers were not meant to get the full bonus from arctic because I've yet to see any evidence that them keeping it was intentional.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sounds about right.

to me it doesn't matter too much what the ability costs so long as the theme is balanced around it, but that does assume that everything that has it has it naturally (base)

so hey.

Nebron likes this.