Why is Skeezick Alliance 4 nora?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Garr123, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I was looking at Skeezick Boneblade and Ally: Sunderlands is +2 DMG, +7 HP, and 1 AP for all units on deploy. 2 Nora.

Loyalty on Resillient Skeezick is +3 DMG, +1 DEF, +5 HP. 2 Nora.

Surge 1 is 5 Nora, considerably more powerful than Skeezick Alliance in theme decks.

Why is Alliance so pricey, relatively?

Skeezick Rebel has the requirement of units dying, getting 5 units out, and is meh. If that's the reason for the Nora price then just remove the ability.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'd ask why Loyalty is 2 nora first.

Res Skeez is a special case. Ally is largely irrelevant (except Arctic Turtle OP).

I feel Alliance is in a nice place since the change.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

It's kind of funny you're mentioning it, cause skeezicks are the most viable theme we have, and definitely competitive. Why you would like the whole theme buffed is anyone's guess.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

because Firk skeezik #gitrektuggos

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Well, at least it is usually better than Stat Bonus: Damage 2 at the same cost now...

6. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I'd say Alliance is priced pretty well right now. It is more that the abilities you listed, loyalty especially, are underpriced.

Sirius likes this.
  7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Loyalty at 2 nora is stupid no matter how you slice it. It may have once made sense when splits were as prevalent as they were for a time, but that time has long passed. Having what is probably at least 10 nora worth of stats for only 2 nora is simply stupid.

4 nora for Alliance is just about where it should be. +2 dmg is 4 nora, and while this is conditional its far better than it was before it got reworked, and you get the added bonus of global heals once 5 skeez are out.

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Oh, didn't notice the udpate. In that case, 4 nora makes a lot more sense. Not sure how strong Rebel is, but I just generally find racials should be on base, it's a bit counter intuitive for the player otherwise.

Not really my place to comment on Loyalty's pricing, I'm finding it more and more futile to talk about this stuff with Devs. What's written is simply surmised from what I imagine their train of thought was when they priced it that way, which for the record, I don't completely disagree with (Same sort of thinking that leads me to want racials base tbh).

9. Sealer0

I have no problem with the racial not being on base on some skeezicks. Nothing punishing about not having +2 dmg on your beezick or alchemist, when you have distract and action potion instead.

10. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why is this racial even a good idea? It's a Firking joke and disgrace to this game. All these Firking 65- nora champs are this op? Really? With this much ap gen? Really? Firk DoG right now. Fix your god damned mess.

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Sounds like someone just lost to something.

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I agree General should not be 100+ nora.

13. BroWatchThis

Yeah because that's what I was specifically referring to. Shutup *****.

14. Sealer0

Been like this forever, never been whined about until this day.

Take your screenshots, children. This is a big day.

15. Garr123

Most worthwhile Skeezick are 70+ if you run them with the proper upgrades. I see like Cannoneer, Negation Mage, Drummer, and sometimes Vindictive Skeezick at >70. Pure Skeezick BGs also lose hard to stealth.

Bolter: 76 Nora
    Netter: 75 Nora
    Machinist: 73-77 Nora
    Res Skeezick: 72-75 Nora
    Netmaster: ~75 Nora
    Alchemist: 77-81 Nora
    Blackguard: 88 Nora
    Wagmage/Wylder: ~80 Nora
    Trapsmith 80+ Nora
    General: 100+ Nora

?????? Do you ever look things up before complaining about them?

And so much AP gen? What?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  16. Sealer0

Ap gen is a fair point, skeezicks have march, warcry and alchemist (if you choose to run him). It's one of their selling points.

Everything else was complete bs though, but you get grown used to it after a while.

17. BroWatchThis

The only reason is whined about is because of the racial change. It's an issue. The theme was fine before, but now it's just dumb. Instead of fixing other OP things, they're just going to bring other crappy themes back up to their old power creeped levels. All the good the revamp has done is slowly being chipped away.

75 nora netter? Lol ok.

18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Well, netter can lose 7 nora off of that, but then you don't get the always OP Surge 2.

19. Garr123

Do you just ***** about everything? Skeezick aren't even that great, they're just one of the few workable themes in SL at the moment.

Seriously? +2 damage for 4 nora is OP?

Is Stat Bonus: Damage OP as well?

Last time we played you were dropping cheap ass Polluted Martyrs but I didn't bat an eyelash because I don't whine and cry when I think something is annoying. And the game has Bane Shift like 20 DMG 8 SPD Thunderhoof for 63 Nora, meanwhile you complain about Latch On, Tough, and now Skeezick lmao.

Explain coherently why Skeezick Alliance is an issue other than you lost to it and got angry.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  20. Sealer0

Out of all surge 2 champs netter isn't that big of a deal. In fact, all skeezick range dies to 1 attack and pigmy hippo stampede, so despite having high damage there will always be a way to beat them. Be it big powerturns or rushing them (which they die to 80% of the time right now).