Why not give us the option of a monthly subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 15Deadmen, Aug 21, 2015.

1. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

I dont like the idea of exclusive items that can affect the game, but things like skins(if you subscribe for a certain amount of time) or name tags are easy to do. Packs are great too, for example, if you have a certain membership, each pack you buy have a higher chance of getting x,y, and/or z. XYZ being things like LE runes, recolored, alt art, more exo, leg, blah blah.

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'd be pretty happy to just give the Pox team some money each month to keep the game going. Even if nothing new really came out.

Must be mad.

o_Oo_Oo_O

3. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I don't know about artists, but in case of youTube people the usual reward for being on the patreon list is getting their content a bit earlier. That means close to zero extra work for the content creator. He or she does what they always do, except that now they upload it somewhere else first before uploading it on the usual youTube channel. The investment/reward ratio is very big in that case. Even if patreon only earns them ten bucks it'll probably be worth the few clicks it takes to upload it for their patreons first.

For DOG to be able to provide some kind of reward for the patreons or subscription paying people or whatever there'd have to be a reward system in place. Even something "simple" as releasing content for the patreons first is suddenly not as simple anymore in PoxNoras case.

I imagine somebody thought about it, made some pretty graphs, compared it to other games and came to the conclusion that bringing back the subscription option isn't profitable right now.

That's the main issue. Chocolate bars don't grow on trees. Somebody has to produce them. And then there's no guarantee that said girl, who perhaps even will try all different kinds, will actually eat more chocolate than she would have if you would have just given her that one bar that you originally produced.

... just buy some packs?