Why such bad grammar on these new runes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkeletonKing, May 11, 2015.

1. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I haven't even gotten past the Aurora Sunmage (the first champion in the list)...

"Enemy champions within 3 spaces takes 8 damage and is knockbacked 2 spaces. Champions successfully damaged becomes Illuminated for 3 turns."

Should be...

"Enemy champions within 3 spaces take 8 damage and are knocked back 2 spaces. Champions successfully damaged become Illuminated for 3 turns."

I mean, it's your game, but I would think you would want it to be a bit cleaner than that.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Take a look at at the modular relics. It's mind-blowing.

Goyo likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

4. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I see what you mean... Bone Circle is Special. Like "Short Bus" Special.
    Complete with typos, messed up grammar, and poor sentence structure.

(Original)

Skeletons are some of the longest lived of the undead, due to their cleaniness and lack of flesh. That said, their lack of emotions has led to a stagnation in their ranks in recent times. The Bone Circle is an necromantic organization designed to further the needs and desires of those who prefer bone to flesh.

The whole thing is a disaster.
    Maybe make it...

Skeletons are some of the most easily maintained undead due to their lack of flesh. However, their lack of emotion leads to a stagnation in their tactics over time. The Bone Circle is a necromantic organization created to give new purpose to those with no flesh.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

can we make this a thing? Like allowing the community to point out grammar issues, improve flavor text, and fix typos? It seems like it wouldnt use many developer resources to implement the approved changes, and the current grammar quality is really... unimpressive.

Tweek516 and badgerale like this.
  6. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The art was rather underwhelming also. Not sure if the people that used to do the art simply became too expensive or didn't want to do it anymore.

And can we all take a moment to look at the corgi rider. What the literal fk is that? Are we completely out of ideas that we have to base a rune off the artists dog?

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This was a player thing.

8. Sokolov

Will be fixed. There's a lot of text in this game, sometimes stuff gets missed.

9. Sokolov

I always welcome such suggestions, particularly since they are easy to fix.