Witch Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by JTAvenged, Feb 19, 2015.

1. JTAvenged

JTAvenged The King of Potatoes

I'm creating a witch BG And would like some help if i'm missing some runes or something. It feels incomplete.[​IMG]

2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Feel free to keep Cackling, she's a solid, disruptive front-liner. Also, be careful about dropping too many champions. Django is running 13, which is a bit of a risk.

Alakhami and Djangoguy like this.
  4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

12* hahaha I preffer swordmage than cackling because the mobility teleport brings, not to mention the tanky this guy is (66 HP + 3def with buffs)

Edit1: i might change my Coven Claw for a Seductress, she's breaking swordmage's loyalty with her summon (essence claw)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Both are solid includes, albeit for different reasons and roles. If I have to choose, I would definitely pick the cackling for a couple reasons:

- There are not many cheap witches. Cackling is only 61n at default, can even go down to 57n. With 6spd and a couple debuffing abilities, she is a solid early deploy, and can mitigate or scout for traps later on. Meanwhile, at cheapest, the swordmage is 71n. There are plenty of witches on that range.
    - Cackling offers an alternate damage type, and perhaps one of the best, imo. There are few champions with resistance or immunity to it, and there is not real drawback, unlike poison or disease. Swordmage have physical and magic damage, which are perhaps the most common damage type on the game. Also, even if having a good source of magic damage is critical, the swordmage only have access through active abilities, and there are more witches with that damage type at base, so is nothing special either.
    - Deafening aura is an auto upgrade, imo. It can work in two ways: at one hand, it works as pseudo-detect. AoE 3 is larger than what people expects, so is not rare for a player to missstep and reveal his stealth champion. In a font contesting battle, this can be very valuable. At the other hand, DA also distracts, so she is immune to short range abilities, like assassinate or mark. AFAIK, she is the only witch with access to distract within FW.
    - She can apply awestruck. If required, she can carry two different abilities to apply it. Nuff said.
    - Last, defiling aura is handy to keep curse on against stuff like purify or cleansing aura. Fortunately, is not that common, so elsari coven is also a solid pick.

Do not get me wrong, the swordmage is a solid champion, and fits better on a more bland and meta bg than the cackling witch. He is about teleport, bomb, teleport, hit, rinse, repeat, so I do not get excited on his use. The cackling brings a lot of tools that exploit the general synergy within the BG, or at least cover some of their deficiencies. And, IMO, the ugly hag laughing maniacally fits better, flavour wise, than a guy with a sword teleporting around. Actually, I do not get why he is a witch to begin with.