Worms and Siege. Wha?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Querthose, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Hey, I think maybe I'm missing something here. But Siege is really only useful if you're in your opponent's deployment zone.

I'm more than a little baffled at why it put into the rework for Creep/Necrosis. I have to be honest- this mechanic is already next to useless. There aren't many maps where you're going to reliably be deploying from your shrine, and there aren't many games where you are the one killing all of the opponent's units (and not losing any yourself) where you'd need the extra help.

I think we can do a little better here.

Sealer0 and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

It should be removed. Yobanchi and TeaScholar should think of the new worm racial. Creepers remind me of Slags. A sloppy mess.

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think its cool. When your shrine deployment zone gets big enough, your ranged units could hit their shrine from inside it, which would be really epic.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Does it grant it permanently? Or only when they are in the zone? I can't tell from reading the ability, but it looks like they get it at end of turn and it lasts until your next end of turn step.

5. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Yeah I don't know who decided that this would be a good idea. It seems completely random to me since you only get +2 def for it and only if you're in your shrine deployment zone. Siege is completely useless unless you plan on shrine rushing and by the time the game has gone on long enough for you to be able to shrine rush them you've either already lost or won.

Baskitkase and soulmilk like this.
  6. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

i thought they were never gonna be looked at. at least gedden knows they exist.

7. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

I'd rather see the ability increase the size of dead magic zones in general. THAT would have some real play value.

8. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Worms: Forts Under Siege.... sound familiar?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Played only one game against this theme and I'm really unimpressed. The effect is not very good, and worms don't have strong champions to rely on. Eye of serkan is the only noticable one, but it costs over 9000 nora and has like 40 hp.

Also, remove siege from the game and replace it with actually useful abillities.

10. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think they need to remove the "Shrinks on death" clause. That way it's feasable to play Carrionlings.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

The idea of Siege was to give creeps a good end game instead of focusing on contesting enemy fonts for nora attrition.
    Unfortunately the main ability problems were not addressed so it is indeed useless with the rate of NET creep available.

In other words the only way to truly grow the creep zone is with enemy kills from basic attacks (2 creeps which don't have any available).
    The initial suggestion was to remove the on death as paper skull notes so that eventually it would make creeps easier to rush the shrine while being down fonts.

Initially I thought it would be interesting to have them be encroached or shrine defender within the zone but people felt that + to spd was too large. With the zone net being crap siege is useless so worm lord/necrosis may need additional twerks.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm sorry but "worm" is just dumb. Could have done better there.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Siege is a 1 nora abillity which does not come to play in 95% of the games. That thing needs to go away. Especially in the creep theme.

14. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Safe to say you've probably lost already playing worms.