Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

He was doing well in the few matches i watched however he still seems to be experimenting as there were weird upgrades and runes.
    But already seen people nerfcry necrosis as soon as they see tiny playing it.

2. arun792

arun792 The King of Potatoes

why no bloodworms anywhere ? and 2x carrior collosus a must ?
    plz suggest me the most importantly needed spells, relics and equips for the worm build :D reg

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm running a Bloodworm, he's pretty good. And yes, I think 2x Colossus is a must. That rune is strong.

Honestly, no idea what are the best runes for worms. It's a weird theme, with weird needs. I'm just trying stuff out.

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Colossus is strong, take him 2x. I still struggle with worms, but if I can get him out soon enough, I often win. An Eye of Serkan in his back to make use of all the generated carrionlings is a must.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, Colossus / Dusk / Eye is the triumvirate of worms. My default plan is to get those three out and then get into a standoff.

6. arun792

7. Netherzen

New edition:
    worms.JPG

8. arun792

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  9. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

First of all there's tons of tips in this thread for how to play the BG, so I recommend you look back a few pages and read up to get ideas on what upgrades to run.

Man, that deck is really overloaded in certain places. It seems to me like your BG is really focused on getting damage from spells and equips rather than your champs, which really isn't necessary in worms when you run 2x Eye, Colossus, and bloodworm, which have damage in spades. Instead, try focusing on ways to get more utility from your non-champion runes. You probably don't need 2 essence drain and 2 Reaper's Blade since both runes fulfill the same role, and in worms Essence Reaver is much better because of how often you can have champs attack 2 times in a turn (and only one is really necessary, but 2 eye of serkan's with Reaper's can easilt get in 4 hits per turn, so go for it!). Blinking Creeper is better at one, since you don't always need it, so take colossus up to 2 because he's the core of the entire theme and you always want one to be out.

In terms of making your deck more efficient, I would recommend Skull of Decay over anathema, because bile zombies will give you plenty of AoE damage when you need it, and Skull is a far cheaper and long-lasting solution to countering healing that also can be used to contest fonts.
    Running 2 mobilization isn't usually a good idea since it costs 60 nora and it's unlikely you'll need it two turns in a row, so try throwing in something else fun.
    Unholy tomb really doesn't work in Worms, because Phantasmal Creeper has nora leech, which means you lose 25% of what already small amount of nora that thing gives you.
    I also don't think you need Soulreave in Worms because their damage types are already very mixed, and you get plenty of LoL from Reaper's Blade.

If you feel like you're having trouble against something, I would drop some of those to put in a counter.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Haven't tested the Zit yet in a real game, but relic Portal comes into play off CD and has a 2 turn CD. That's really brutal. At 40 nora, with the range limitation, and a max of 2 triggers, I'm very skeptical. The Carrionlings only have Aura 2, which means they can't get sneaky re-procs on the opposing turn, so that's a pretty hard 2. If it had CD 0, I would be absolutely comfortable running it. With CD1, it would be a rougher include. At CD2... I just really don't know.

11. Netherzen

With soulshift fixed,its almost cheaper to run polluted martyr with propagate and soulshift then the Zit.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, didn't notice if that was in the notes -- they fixed the bug? Sounds good.

13. Netherzen

It was in the bugfix section of notes.I havent tested it yet.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Still not sold on Martyr, honestly. He has no way to generate SDZ, which is rough. Maybe just need to force him out in games to get a feel for him.

Conversely, @Engleberry was running Bloodworm and making that thing look especially good, so I put in a second. With Surge, Multi, Siphon, and 7 SPD, he is incredibly threatening. I like Surge on him much more than on Colossus -- gaining no SDZ from a deploy feels really bad to me, unless it's something like Eye.

15. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

As requested Kal. Thinking about dropping Martyr too. I run Colossus with worm lord.

Attached Files:

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

How have you been doing with 2x Twilight? Feel you need that many?

17. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Hey, I tinkered around with worms a while ago and figured i'd give them another go.

Why are people only running 0/1 of the reflecting creeper? I really like it's interactions. Really hard to kill it!

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I dunno. Has it been doing a lot of work for you? I've been not running it for now for two reasons: to try other things, and also because it doesn't seem to do a lot on its own -- it adds little that's special. What are your experiences? Why do you think it might be good?

19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'm only 4 games in or something so not based on the most informed stuff, just with mirrored and the vitality uprade on it, paired with the easy double taps from the AP on deploy, i've found every time he ends up with really high hp and is just awkward to kill because of the mirrored procs. Usually results in people spending alot of nora to kill him, which is fine by me!

20. Netherzen

New version:
    worms.JPG

Is the Zit worth running?