Worms...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, May 8, 2017.

1. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

I don't think worms are a top tier bg atm, the proposed nerfs will just render them useless like what happened to slags.

If you look at the top 50 ranked players, none regularly play worms, this is because they have many hard counters.

What you have here is a few people crying because they don't know how or don't want to alter their bg to counter worms.

Its just going to kill diversity, this game is heading for the 'op runes + battleleader bg' vrs 'op runs + battleleader bg' Mexican standoff snooze fest.

Oh well RIP worms was fun to keep UD in check for a while, now what bg can I use to stop getting rushed in the face???

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

What are some counters to worms please? I'm curious

SPiEkY, Regulate and xaznsoulx like this.
  3. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

You spell spam them when they spawn in your font

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Blockade and deafening aura are a giant ass Firker against worms. Like gaping wide style

Woffleet and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

I see, blockades on 7 champs, half of which are not runnable, and they don't cover all the factions. Deafening aura is on more and slightly more viable in bg's, so I'll agree with you on that, but surely it's somewhat easy to work around when deafening aura only has a 2 space radius.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Anybody saying worms are even remotely possibly able to maaaaaybe be thought of as bad can go headbutt a knife

SPiEkY and nepyonisdead like this.
  7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Worms are the most broken theme in pox, not even gonna elaborate on that. Bile zombie and chattering maw....nuff said.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Do u ever though?

Etherielin and nepyonisdead like this.
  9. nepyonisdead

1. Bile and maw every 2 turns to stop a shrine kill and do a Firk ton of dmg
    2. deploy a spirit in ur font with that shenanigans late game
    3. I hate FW in general and how its a faction made to be either have very shitty themes (meta, vengeful and liches for example) or Firking broken themes (skeles and worms for example).

lastly the reason i hate worms more than even princeleafs bg is that at least in the latter game is over in 5 mins not 1 hour.

10. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

nepyon go play worms if you think they are easy, there are far more counters than those already mentioned.

Maybe they counter your op bg, actually wait no they don't...

So you win and still cry, shall we all play the same bg as you then?

No one said worms are bad, they are just not top tier (check top 50 ranked players, not one plays worms regularly), they are however loads of fun as they have a completely unique play style.

Why do we want this game to have 8 flavours of the same bg?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Now this is the question!
    I so miss FF IS dwarf phalanx, but it is so gone from the game :-(

12. nepyonisdead

hehe you know :) its funny here is a man telling me not to ''cry'' about what he is running and yet he is ''crying'' about grimlic in another thread xD the hippocracy is unreal.

also exp wise mate I dont think I need to play something broken as I aim to get better at the game not win because of my bg :)

unique playstyle? xD please mate dont play 8 bile zombies and chattering maws everygame and call it unique :)

Slencer likes this.
  13. Hierokliff

But worms are an unique playstyle (very boring though but unique)
    why would you run bile zombies and chattering maws in FW/Split without increasing of sdz?
    i know ive seen some BZ in other FF FW then worms, but its not that often it happends

nepyonisdead likes this.
  14. nepyonisdead

yeah buddy but the debate here is .. are worms as a whole ok the way they are. In my opinion and (I am willing to debate this :) ) is that they arent. I could be wrong but the guy is talking alot of bullshit instead of arguing that the theme and (especially maw and bile zombie) are balanced as they are.

15. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

I use these non worm champs for my worms bg:

Bile Zombie: well what else are you going to do with an expanded deploy zone?
    Ghost: Cheap and hard to kill, used to contest fonts mainly as all worms are squishy, useless v magic damage champs.
    Bone Circle Archmage: Worms are so weak they need the +2 att power, tried stitched first but its too squishy.
    Polluted Martyr: Meat block, anti healing, you get back 40% of its cost when it dies so works out cheaper.

Worms review:

Useless:
    Carrion Colossus: Simply too expensive, when you play worms expect to get rushed in the face so you will never have the nora for this, it will die easily as well in which case you lose.
    Bloodworm: Looks good on paper, but just too expensive and squishy for a tank, is targeted and dies almost immediately.
    Carrionling: Seriously now 42 nora for a champ with 5 hitpts?????
    Mindthief creeper: Just bad period, doesn't add anything to worms.
    Twilight creeper: Too expensive, doesn't really do much

Meh:
    Phantasmal creeper: Can be amusing contesting a font out of no where but doesn't do much apart from that.

Good:
    Rotmaw: Shatter
    Reflecting creeper: Only because its mirrored so can contest, should be range 1, no lethargic
    Blinking creeper/ Eye of serkan: both already nerfed, both easy to kill but nice damage/range.

Essential:
    Blood fiend: Cheap tank good damage
    Chattering maw: Cheap, sonic roar, energy thief (how else do you stop getting rushed in the face?
    Putrid Creeper: Star of the show, hard as nails, lord, creeping harvest, acidic aura (honestly you can add this guy to non worms bgs)

At the end of the day worms need some way of stopping getting eaten by champs with 20 damage as they have paper for armour and no decent attack str.
    Blockade really ruins their day, blood fiend, chattering maw & Bile Zombie become free nora globes.
    There are several other hard counters.

RIP worms...

Durand, Hierokliff and nepyonisdead like this.
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

The way of stopping your champs from getting eaten by 20 damage champs is sonic roar and bile explosion lmao. You know, those things that everyone seems to think are the whole problem of worms, right?

SPiEkY and nepyonisdead like this.
  17. nepyonisdead

First thank you for brining some substance to the conversation

1. As mentioned above blockade is very rarely seen in the current meta

2. is it ok for bike zombie to have a 18 dmg aoe and be spammable every 2 turns (yes or no)

3. Is it ok for maw to be also spammable every 2 turns while also paralysing units trying to shrine kill? (Yes / no)

Listing a bunch of bad worms means nothing

In the current meta dragons are the powerhouses but I can name 10 Bane Shift dragons

It's about balancing the runes and proposing changes for people to discuss and hopefully agree on so the devs implement them

Personally I suggest bile loses the initiative and gains exertion or something that doesn't make it an 18 dmg drop aoe

Chattering maw should lose the ability to awestrike or again lose initiative

18. Hierokliff

I think worms are horrible and i often dont even bother play against them and just hit surrender. Not because i'll never beat them, its just its very boring to play against them. But should they exists and be allowed, sure why not, someone might like playing them? think the coming nerfs might be hard though, hopefully they will get more worms so they can do something else then just stall until its time to BZ spam.

And should their SDZ really work in my font/shrine zones?

nepyonisdead likes this.
  19. nepyonisdead

I don't mind worms but as h0spy said those 2 units mentioned above push them way over the edge

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Ofc, it adds a new type of playstyle and makes them unique!!!
    I suggest it's renamed to ''Late game global deployment zone'' for clarity for the new players ofc.

Wouldn't be an argument if I didn't voice my concern for the new players that haven't even began playing!!!