Worms...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, May 8, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

...I can't think of a better playstyle to scare away new players than this one.

Necrosis just keeps expanding the FW deployment zone. Then, just spam Bile Zombies and the worm with initiative and sonic roar to just kill all your opponent's champs.

Just bad design...I expected better from Sokolov...oh well...

fogandsteel likes this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

This is more a problem with skill level, I think. Bad worms players are going to have an equal match vs bad normal players, just like good worms players have an even match vs good players. (allowing for the tiny playerbase making it hard to be truly matched against equal skill).
    If you have a problem with the worms playstyle, it's just another form of FW. Nearly all of FW is like that.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Plot twist, he plays worms.

Vorian likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I love how the first line to drop whenever theres a nerf thread these days is something about scaring new players away

mortal ix, aseryen, jeeperz2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Hmm if you cant handle worms...
    maybe this game aint for you :p

but yeah i hate worms.
    Feel like alot of buffs should be limited to +7 or +10, same goes for zeal:dmg,spd,def, armorer:defense, invigorate, fury. for worms this would mean a dmz max of +7squares, its still crazy huge, but atleast it shouldnt put enemy bile zombies in your dmz. Especially since @Sokolov said these was meant like working as global initiative, or if it was actually working like initiaitive as for each square from your dmz the initiative units lose -1ap.
    same way negative penalties should be limited to -4 or -7, stacking -spd or -dmg on everything in the game is way more boring then facing worms.
    Having your champs at 0SPD is silly or 1dmg

6. themacca

+7 shrine expansion is less than a font in nearly every case

7. Hierokliff

ah true, see its good that iam not the one balancing the game :)
    the huge dmz is just a tiny problem with iniative units combined, else i dont think there is any. sure its annoying when they can deploy units in my fonts, but if they didnt have iniative also it would probably be bad for them to do it.

8. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Yes, it's insane. @Sokolov please consider increasing the cost of "Necrosis" ability. This can be a simple solution to the problem of this theme being currently OP. You don't need to revise every worm-related rune; just bump the cost of "Necrosis" by a few Nora points.

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

wormlord is the problem. It should only proc off of real units for one. Secondly, it shouldnt be global.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You mean to tell me a global ability is causing problems again, shocker. That new short lived worm with defeaning aura is what broke them.

11. themacca

Its not global. Its clearly any worm within 5 spaces

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Creepers are just beyond stupid. You can't camp against them because they just let their DMZ grow across the whole map until eventually they just start bile explosioning your shrine and you can't rush them, because they just deploy initiative units with sonic roar and bile explosion to act as roadblocks and just butchers your damage potential.

There really is very little counter play. Necrosis has been broken (or at least problematic) since release and every single iteration or version of their racial has been the same ridiculous stuff. Could they not just get redesigned to be a swarm/infestation race?

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Agreed with everything until you said into a swarm/infestation, absolutely not. Swarm and infestation are two of the most broken abilities and are consistently broken again and again.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  14. themacca

Chattering maw is being butchered so the second complaint won't be valid a week from now

15. Vote Kanye 2020

I've seen the change (Pretty sure I have anyways), hardly say he's being butchered and that this will solve the problem.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  16. themacca

Roughly 15 nora cost increase and doesn't die automatically pretty horribly destroys it's ability to do it's design

17. Hierokliff

Ive never found a way to beat worms, or reduce their deployment zone. Necrosis is cool, but it needs to have a useful counter, as it is there are none afaik. if the second part of necrosis was just changed.

When this champion is deployed, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1. When this champion is destroyed outside of your Deployment Zone, your shrine's Deployment Zone decreases by 1.
    to
    When this champion is deployed, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1. When this champion is destroyed your shrine's Deployment Zone decreases by 1.
    Then the FW player would atleast have to try to keep his necrosis champs alive

18. themacca

That's what it used to be. Then every time a unit with necrosis got a kill it would also expand. Just led to people casting necro hex on serkan and every FW game ended up like worms now

19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Try contesting side fonts, and splitting their units up as much as possible. They are a little weak to aoe as well

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Thought it's job was to get deployed, sonic roar things, roadblock and then steal things ap? Not sure how him being 49 nora or losing shortlived stops this. I mean if you're on about his recycability he still has a what 4 or 5 CD?