Would you like to see a push to make the Mutation theme a viable deck?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jib, Mar 5, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a push to make the Mutation theme a viable deck?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Marine for mutation!

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Farewell plant regen on tainted vinecreeper.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, superchamp theme for draksars.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The problem is really what is the Mutation theme and how do we make it into a theme instead of just some abilities that happens to use charges.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It doesn't exist. This was a trick question and everyone failed.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

insex weren't a theme before we pushed real hard to bring them into this world

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

and how did that turn out?

Sealer0 and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno, i was owning noobs before they were good. didn't notice much difference tbh

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Beezick happened.

Sealer0 likes this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

In any case we need more or different mutation abilities spread out, at least 2 different support mutation chains and one tricky mutation chain(stealthy camouflagy thingy mutation).

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

What if mutations acted like grow but with pathways, like you mutate teir one of something and it removes the other options.

13. Sealer0

I'd rather push for Acid theme instead of mutation theme.

Netherzen likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally single damage types should never be a theme. Mirror matches will always be painful. If SL had a good Fire/Acid mix, that could be a theme.

15. Sealer0

But they are. Fire is a theme. Electricity is a theme. Poison is a theme.

They're all probably tier 2 or lower, but my point stands. That's why FS got that poison into fire relic, and that's why UD has that fire into LoL relic.

16. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

You need to make "The Doctor" the central unit to this theme. Move him to rare (IDKW; it just seems right) and give him this ability: Carrier (This champ transfers one upgrade ability from target injured mutant within 2 spaces to another mutant within 2 spaces. This champ does not gain the transferred ability. This costs 6-8 charges, and this champ loses all remaining charges. CD 3; AP 3).

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Rarity should never equal power.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Theoretically we could design them backwards.

While they would be initially weak. The longer they stay alive; the more adaptive they become to the situation. Think of them like an organic hive-mind that gets tougher, and tougher the more you try to kill it.

Examples

• The Flood: Halo
    • The Zerg: Starcraft

Adaptive Mutation:
    When this unit is destroyed, all champions with Race:Mutant will gain an addition resistance to that damage type for duration X.

Hopefully they would end up, death benefit/adaptability style to them. Being inherently cheap, with lower than average stats, being reliant on disposable mutants so that the race as a whole can get slowly buffed with defensive adaptations, while you have the support units int he back using Mutate: to get key units up, and running.

When I say lower than average stats, I mean it. Cheap, swarm, adaptive.

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

so you want to make what is already a late game faction and make it even later game?

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Think of it how you will. This would just be a theme with a rather eccentric playstyle. I think it would fit the mutation role, and excel with SL's defense oriented faction bonus, making them viable.

Ideally if it happens the way I envision. You can contents, and be semi aggressive with the disposable units that will be used to buff your attacks for a duration. I don't think it would be a very boring gameplay.