Wovenwood Sister - KF Witch

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Mar 26, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Wovenwood Sister
    K'thir Forest

Race: Elf
    Class: Witch, Wizard

Flavor:
    A Sister of Wovenwood sacrifices her ring fingers upon initiation, and her body upon death. One sacrifice binds her to The Mother's eight tenets; the other is... merely practical.

Visual:
    A female Elf in heavy cowl and cloak, face further shrouded by jet black hair. From each sleeve extends a slender hand, missing its ring finger; from the right sleeve, small spiders spill to the ground in a convulsing pile.

Gist:
    A ranged spider lady who generates spider eggs with her attacks and becomes stronger as additional spiders enter play. She is extremely squishy and will need to be careful until she has adequate support on the board.

DMG: 12
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 1
    RNG: 3-6
    HP: 38

Cost: 76

Attack: Psychic
    Bestow
    Bulwark: Arthropod
    K'Thiran Coven

Whenever a real champion is destroyed, friendly champions with a Coven ability and allied champions within 4 spaces of them gain +2 Max HP permanently. This ability may only affect a unit once per destroyed champion.
    Spiderstrike
    The first time this unit successfully makes an attack each turn, a spider egg under your control is deployed within 2 spaces. At the end of the turn, the egg hatches into a Spiderling.

Upgrades:
    Devour Arthropod
    Swap 2
    Warrior Foe
    Weave Web

Why:
    Keeping in line with my idea of KF Witches each having a death benefit and each tying directly into the natural world, this one reveres arthropods, and in death, bestows her abilities to another. This could be powerful in an Arthropod BG, especially alongside a deep elf or other elf, who could receive the Weave Web/Devour Arthropod baton and use it to wreak havoc; however, the unit is intended to be self-contained and self sustainable. Her racial synergizes directly with Devour Arthropod and the deaths of her spiders, for instance.

Swap 2 is there to get her out of melee trouble, and multiattack allows her to better generate

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Xirone likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am wondering what type of attack she has. She is a ranged champ with Physical damage. Arrows? Rocks?

Also, I like the update to K'thiran Coven.

3. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Snake eggs instead of spider eggs? :D

I'm just an advocate of Beasts, can you tell? And actually, I'd be worried that this rune split with UD would make some terribly nasty spider gen combine Foment with the Spiders and an Aracnablade and... well, you get what I'm saying.

4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

So if the concern is that this rune might make a UD/KF spider split too powerful, what would lessen that? One idea I eventually dropped was to have Spiderstrike activate only once per turn, making it a "lesser Arachnablade." I will start there...

Xirone, I originally had her attack range as 1 and neglected to change her attack damage type. Thanks for the catch.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Darn, I was thinking she was picking up pebbles and throwing them really fast.

allyorbase likes this.
  6. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I like it. I actually missed the Bulwark: Spider part first read (was in a bit of a rush). Keep em coming!

7. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Interesting them. The flavor text is funny, in a morbid sense.

Could have a Arthropods (Spiders) as a sub-theme for KF Witches. It's an interesting idea.

This entire champion resonates creepy. I like it. :eek:

Devour Arthropod seems to embody the exact opposite of your theme. The Witch is sacrificing the forest for herself, instead of herself for the forest. How about having her buff the spiders or surrounding units upon death (Spiders consume her corpse?). She could leave behind a consumable "something" (relic doesn't make much sense).

Notes:
    *I still don't think Psychic (or any of the "non core" elements) is an appropriate element for Wizards/Witches to be wielding, in general (Mage of Lament/Cackling Witch, being potential exceptions)
    *Witches are an FW theme, and Spiders are primarily a UD theme. That's a bit of an identity problem, since this is a KF rune.

P.S. I never really did like the Foe abilities. They would make more sense if classes were distributed by some standard though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014