Wow so PvP sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CTore118, Oct 1, 2014.

1. CTore118

CTore118 Well-Known Member

Trying it out for the gold from the NUX. Game is completely controlled by one lucky stealthed unit half the time. One bad move and your font is gone and basically GG. And I am playing "training PvP" games matched against people with thousands of wins. Fun times.

Is this what PvP is supposed to be like?

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

It sucks now, but soon the steam release should bring in lots of fresh meat for us newbies to play with. Hang in there.

sokotra likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It isn't an easy game ... When you make one big mistake in chess the game is just as over. Stealth is a bit dumb because you either run counters or die, but, well, run counters.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Senshu and SPiEkY like this.
  4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Big, but rewarding, learning curve. Stealth counters are essentially mandatory.

[​IMG]

Welcome to the game peeps. You are win.

Legato likes this.
  5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

What bg are you using? Often one bad move is enough to lose. Detection isn't always done by a unit with detect.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Stealth is a mechanic which will roll newbies but becomes more balanced when you get used to it.

Stick with PvP, it is a nasty learning curve but is also where the real game is.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

One bad move and you lose your king

Emries, SPiEkY and SaintKiwi like this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

try getting some Damage over time (DOT) on the stealthed so you can keep them from doing it more, that is just a temp solution however but may help if you don't have much in terms of detection.

AoEs help too sometimes and can be risky. also since I don't know how versed you guys are in these games (area of effect for AoE)

9. CTore118

CTore118 Well-Known Member

So basically I wasn't overgeneralizing or overreacting like I was hoping I was...oh well I guess I know not to expect much from the training games since I can't edit the decks to counter stealthed.

And by the way, thanks for all the non-judgemental responses. Of the 3 online games I play I think this community is the best.

Flyingfinn and DarkJello like this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Heheheheheheehehehehehehe

Dagda likes this.
  11. Boozha

This community is full of cynical ******** and trolls. But, on the other hand, we also have angels like KTCAOP, cool guys like Dagdapede, reasonable people like Badgerale and quirky fellows like Geressen.

Alkioneus, jeeperz2 and SaintKiwi like this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Don't listen to Boozha he falls in the first part. All you gotta do is befriend Burnpyro and you're set

BurnPyro and SaintKiwi like this.
  13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

baklava is love
    baklava is life

14. Boozha

Well, I guess my case is made.

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

ftfy

Flyingfinn and BurnPyro like this.
  16. Boozha

Where is the dislike button

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

on youtube.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Those free decks are really quite terrible.

Dagda and SPiEkY like this.
  19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

does liking and then unliking something show up on the person feed? because that can be considered disliking can't it?

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just tested it on all your posts, lemme know.

Dagda and Boozha like this.