WWE, NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, ROH, TNA, LU, GFW, etc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anima26, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I doubt any of you guys watch this kinda stuff (at least these days anyway) but i got back into watching Pro Wrestling a year or two ago after randomly catching a pay per view, i still really enjoy it, some of the stuff those guys and gals pull off in the ring is incredible. I watch a number of productions including the WWE and i was just watching last nights WWE Raw when non other than THE Dudley Boyz made a return outta nowhere and put the current Tag Champs through a table. I completely lost it!! Its been a whole decade since those guys wrestled in the WWE and they are absolute legends. Hit me right in the childhood. What is it with nostalgia and the way it makes us feel, was a great moment.

Hopefully atleast one of you can understand the gravity of The Dudley Boyz returning out of nowhere and blowing the roof off a stadium. Awesome.

Inb4 wrastling is fake and gay hue hue Kappa.

Leadrz and Pattn199 like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm a, Hockey, Boxing, and FĂștbol watcher myself. Used to watch Wrestling for the dramatics back when ECW was a thing with Christian, Tommy Dreamer, The Miz, Jack Swagger ect...

3. Anima26

I watch a lot of Football (Soccer), Boxing, MMA and Motorsport too. ECW was the Bane Shift, Dudley Boyz so good, cant beat watching people get slammed through tables.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't watched WWE since it was WWF.

Pattn199 likes this.
  6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Seen it all. Stopped watching regularly after high school . All time favorite wrestler would have to be RIC FLAIR "NATURE BOY". Best all time showman. No one will ever have his swag ever. None can touch the king of "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". FOUR FOUR TIME WORLD WRESTLING CHAMPION! WOOOOOOOOO! STYLIN PROFILIN!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pattn199 and Anima26 like this.
  7. Anima26

WOOOOOOOOOO. Flair is a legend, no doubt.

Pattn199 likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I never understood the appeal of things like WWE.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It's Days of Our Lives for men.

Pattn199 and themacca like this.
  10. Anima26

I couldnt explain it really but ill try. For me, the appeal is a number of things, obvious nostalgia due to watching it avidly as a young boy, the story lines can be very entertaining even if they're the exact opposite sometimes, the awe i experience when i see someone land a killer shooting star press from the top rope or a thunderous power bomb. It looks awesome, its similar to watching sports like acrobatics, mixed martial arts and gymnastics i guess. The feeling you get when a star you havent seen for a decade suddenly returns to the ring and kicks ass. I doubt id enjoy it as much if i hadnt watched it avidly as a kid. I love it though, its very entertaining at times and the things those guys do in that ring is impressive. The only thing i dont get about the WWE is the weird obsession with dudes wearing nothing but skin tight budgie smugglers...never understood that, i guess it has something to do with aerodynamics or something.

Im also aware of the reality of the business, its scripted yes but its by no means fake. Those guys get injured on a weekly basis and literally put their lives and careers on the line a lot of the time when they perform. They work their asses off. Its less noticeable in the WWE because they have very strict rules regarding the safety of their stars, they want them to wrestle as long as possible, not have 12 months of glory and then end their careers with a horrible neck injury so they dont allow them to actually wrestle all that much. The more indy productions like ROH, LU, and NJPW are much less health and safety obsessed and allow their stars to do some really crazy stuff. LU, Lucha Underground, in particular do some crazy high flying stunts. Its honestly impressive to see, imo.

Each to their own though. I can understand why people may not find it interesting or entertaining, i cant understand for the life of me how anyone watches these shows like D. Housewives, Only way is Essex, Made in Chelsea, Jersey Shore and all the rest of that stuff but hey, people watch it so meh. Different folks, different strokes.

Pattn199 likes this.
  11. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

My favorites for sure!

profhulk and Anima26 like this.
  12. Anima26

Id be hard pressed to pick a favourite out of all the great superstars that have been and gone. Big fan of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, two of the greatest. The likes of Flair and Hogan were slightly before my time.

Stone Cold was one of the very best.

Pattn199 likes this.
  13. Anima26

Its story telling combined with sport. Pretty unique and pretty awesome if u ask me.

Love it when the crowd pops. Its infectious. Actually, i get very similar feeling when watching Leicester City Football Club, when the crowd pops its incredible. Its like a huge wave of joy/happiness, even if it is just for a brief moment.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Pattn199 likes this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It is a fake soap opera of physicality created for people who know what it is and just want to enjoy a good show. Redneck soap opera is a better term to describe it. One guy plays the hero and one guy plays the villain that everyone boos and someone always has to commit some obscene act every show for shock value. Add in some stuntman training and some crazy people who will dress up and do just about anything to put on a show and make alot of money.

15. Anima26

Sounds a lot like a circus when u describe it like that, i guess its kind of similar, without the animal cruelty as a bonus.