Wyrmpriest vs High priest

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by negatorxx, Feb 18, 2015.

1. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

The difference the Wyrmpriest has +3 HP, -1 dmg, -1 range for the same price. You can upgrade to regen 3 if you want on the High Priest, but is the +1 range really that big a deal?

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Yes.

Also, high priest can get flamestrike (melee + dot) or disciple of the scale instead of immunity-magical.

Also, high priest is 69 nora with flamestrike and regen 1.

So you can get sermon with bigger range and more damage for 6 nora cheaper.

3. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

wow I didn't even realize wyrmpriest had sermon...that's awesome! also note wyrmpriest is uncommon

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lol wyrmpiest is bad. Like real bad.

He's a cheaper option if you don't feel like investing in a popehat, but that's it.

5. Sealer0

To clarify, pope isn't that good, he's pretty average but sermon is great.

Wyrmpriest is worse than pope, which is already pretty average. Therefore, wyrmpriest is terrible.

6. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

aw come on he's gotta be good somehow. combo decks? with eggs and stuff? summoned valdac dragons?

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Doesn't work on summons, last I checked.

Hence why it only really works with FW and gravyard skellies. "works"

8. Sealer0

If you do this, no sermon.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I cant remember which is which, but i know one only works on real champs and the other only works on summons, think ritual is real and rite is summons

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Wyrmpriest with Sermon only has Rites, which require real champs. Rituals are summons, but are on the same upgrade path as Sermon. As @BurnPyro said, it really only "works" with FW and graveyard skeletons. You should be able to use Necro Hex to make Wyrmpriest undead and give them access to Sermon too if it's worth a rune slot to you.

Perhaps something like this would work to further boost skeletons.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

so what im hearing is wyrmpriest requires around 100 nora being run in a very specific split BG and 2 rune slots to be possibly worth running? lol

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In a word, yes.

If Rites and Rituals swapped paths so you could use Sermon and use Rituals in the same build, I think it would see more play.