Xuvali SP Battlegroup discussions

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Xuvali, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Will redo when i cba. Wiped out all my bgs in a fit of rage haha

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    JellyBerry, BurnPyro, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Needs more slags.

Gnomes, Rapidice and darklord48 like this.
  3. Xuvali

I could Design one no bother, I just don't see them being very competitive right now.

4. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Would you mind going over your champ choices on the nid bg? No witchdoctors? (Hex + distract is just too hot) Spearmans? What do you think about Djins? Why 2 instigtors and mundu? Which upgrades on mundu? Anyways I'd like to hear the idea behind it. Thanks

5. Xuvali

Yeah Sure I'll try to get a right up to answer all this shortly. I'll be honest i very rarely use Hyaenids - Instigators to counter someone who utilises cheap or summon spawns is generally when i use it.

*edit* Im at work currently is reason for delay

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Our mixed meta bgs are so different hahaha. Although, to be fair, i dont have any thunder elementals to run even if i wanted to

7. Xuvali

Might have a couple spare, ill check

I Don't, Sorry baller

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Mixed Meta:
    • Headshrinker's Totem is for Tremor synergy?
    • Double Jab on Dreamcrusher? I agree that used to be the way to run him, but with his "whopping" 8 damage that he can deal at 3-5 range, I kind of feel that the jolt 1 is important. Another example of a good champ becoming much weaker once dogpile got added to base :(

9. Xuvali

Headshrinkers works lovely with tremor, plus i find shrunken to be a really good debuff right now - giving the totem a good try to decide if its worth a spot

Im still happy with double Jab right now, but I will give it some more testing and see.

10. Ballballer

image.jpg
    This is what I run. Probably should drop a stormflyer

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Xuvali

I should probably use Sceian while the warcry still works. Stormie is still decent i think

12. Raikan

Why Gluttonous overseer instead of G. Fesh? No Earthbound?

13. Ballballer

Yeah

14. Xuvali

Not a bad idea at all really, Might give it a whirl myself

15. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Xuvali likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

this xuvali guy is pretty bad, don't listen to him

Xuvali likes this.
  17. Raikan

What are either of your thoughts on Moga Lord's Guard (impressive hp/Nora ratio, good defense/toughness, and bodyguard) and Kanen Cultist (rite of creation increases the threat range of moga sappers, adds a lot of healing potential when combined with heal champion, and works well with grant nova on juggler)?

18. Xuvali

MLG is ridiculously efficient. not running 2x in a moga BG would be silly.

Cultist is decent i just don't see it being worth adding to moga right now as sapper bombs can do 14, 28, 36 or 44 damage easy enough before even triggering volatility and cultist would add another "expensive" unit to that style.

In a Mixed bg however I'd say its definitely worth considering.

***Will have the rest of my Bgs on today or tommorrow, been rather busy over weekend

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Nice thread; copy cat.

20. Raikan

I meant in mixed meta for both. Personally, I've never considered either (maybe cultist once upon a time pre revamp). But with 2x jugglers and dirge in a meta, ghern bound on mlg isn't as much of a drawback. And with sappers and 2x mlg, ritual of creation seems much more useful.

EDIT: Tried cultist out, and still think she's an awkward unit. I kind of feel this always happens under the new costing formula whenever a champion with support abilities has range and/or damage--they end up being a jack of all trades but not very good at any of them. Kind of wish she went to 0 damage, 1 range and focused on support abilities or paralytic feedback got removed and her damage was increased.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015