Y u /always/ rush with Lick King?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sirius, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I wanted to say that I noticed many players seem to feel obligated to rush and font contest with Lich King just because he's so strong and mobile.

This is fine, but I ask all of you that play FW and do not seem to realize this yet that before you teleport in there, you ought to just consider the game situation a bit. Please!, if you see Basilisk Templar with Magic Immunity, Draksar Berserker and a well positioned Wizard of the Ways in the opponent's font (or anything comparable), just take a moment and consider whether rushing with Lich King alone in there is wise. It's not like you come out ahead, and I find such games unfun.

Now, that isn't to say I haven't seen better Lich King rushes. Those made for very interesting games. ^^

PS: I considered posting an image of the turn immediately after someone lost their Serkan after rushing him in and getting him destroyed, AFTER a failed Lich King rush (to maybe drive my point home better), but I decided against it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Utterdark planeshift is the worse offender here.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I should probably clarify right now that while I usually am irritated by the aforementioned Runes rushing, what I am actually trying to say in this thread is: if you're gonna do that, do it right, for Pox's sake! Not thinking before rushing in doesn't make me feel better about it and doesn't win you games. That's all I'm trying to say.