Yesterday I logged on...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

And was really depressed to see that, on a Sunday afternoon, there were 40-50 player online. But to be honest, that's the amount of players I see every time I log on.
    So what, you ask me?
    Well, I think it's time to start building up the hype for when the revamp hits.
    I think this will be a whole new world of Pox we will be looking at, and even though there isnt a revamp for non champs yet, the amount of runes being changed opens up a bazilion options of bgs to play, so it will be a heck of a fun experience to be part of!
    With that in mind, I wanted to ask you guys which is the champ you look forward the most in playing post revamp, and why!
    Mine is Jakei Warfoot, self explanatory. ;)
    No, but really cause I think his sprite and attack animation are really awesome, he's a true bad **** monk - been in shoebox for ages, might have a chance to step outside finally.

Woffleet and Joker like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Hydraxor, my first exotic, my only named rune, and maybe the coolest dude in pox. I hope he'll be OP as hell and finally get his time in the spotlight

Woffleet and GabrielQ like this.
  3. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I'm more scared about the incoming changes. I understand that it should be beneficial, and I'm not afraid of "my runes being nerfed", but I hope they don't mess up too hard.
    Some of the preview have been cool, but for example the cost for Death Nova on thirion was pretty horrifying (really a sign of how out of touch the design team is with the game).
    Some champs may also lose key abilities or ability combos (obviously this is going to happen, I guess they can be seen as "completely new" then), and I'm wondering how playable split heros will be.

Then again I share your excitement for the new decks we'll hopefully be abled to make. And if I had to choose a rune I look forward to playing after the revamp I guess that would be Deep Elf Fanatic

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You realize that DOG is basically Octopi, the people that made the game, right?

Faust, Woffleet and Qno2 like this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nice, Deep Elf Fanatic is also a rune I'm a big fan of, due to his sprite, art and general kick *** capabilities. Hydraxor is also a boss.
    Keep them coming folks.

Edit: Razz, I understand your concerns bud, but this is thread is a light one, just so we can get a hype going. If you want to share what rune you are expecting that would be great, thanks. You too, Spieky.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Yes I do. Balance in a game is best aimed at the highest levels of play, and I doubt that people who missed...I don't even know how many years of the game evolving can very accurately grasp how much value certain abilities/stats have. Of course I also accept I may be incorrect in this assumption, and I certainly hope I am. If there do appear to be glaring balance issues I also hope they can timely but accurately adjust the problematic runes (It's not like all runes released under Sokolov and Corpse were well balanced upon release, and this is going to be like a mass re-release).

I gave death nova as an example because it is easy to play around (and is one of the few abilities previewed, and it was on a 120 nora champ, nothing you seek value from in it dying), but my main concern is more for other abilities being UNDER valued (and thus creating OP runes).

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Etherielin, Kampel, Dagda and 4 others like this.
  8. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I cant tell if that is awesome or hideous, it looks like a Octopus on large amounts of Meth, ***** a owl with a tree branch & that thing is the end result.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I even found necklaces on etsy that have an owl head and octopus body.

10. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

Ambling Frond
    Bonecrusher

And all those who I have never seen in game :)

There are sooooooooo many great Champs that are sadly just too weak to play - and all the strong champs repeat

So basically looking forward to any forgotten champ that becomes playable again :)
    (")(O.O)(")

11. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

how can we do to attract more players?
    I think should be made a chain of events that recur every month, something like Blood Brothers event system.
    If the event is completed succesfully the player could get a limited rune or some type of unique gift... would be fine also some dirty tokens or shards ;)

12. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

What do think about:
    one event per week based on Campaign or challenges vs bots AI
    and a series of gifts based on the ranked score totalized every week

the gifts would be, gold, shards, tokens or a rare/exo rune (with a 5% of leg enad 2% of limited)

13. kaminokage

kaminokage New Member

I really hope we will see more "fresh blood" in PoxNora after this, hm - "redesign". :)
    DOG definitely has 2 be careful, 'cause some champs are essential for some decks... e.g. like Lonx Chieftain for Lonx deck.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Building hype with old players is fine but definitely not anything related to actual marketing until the house is fully in order.
    This includes the full rune revamp, hopefully a look at the factions, pricing structure, bugs, and whatever else is perhaps on their list of plans.

As for runes I'm looking forward to seeing revamped:

Carrion Colossus - he's currently just a big mess or abilities and stuck between zombies/creeps
    Soul Collector - similarly he's stuck between creeps/liches/vampires

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hydraxor for me, the most badass dragon in pox, what? vindrax? vindrax grows heads? hell no! play hydraxor.

I think I'll be checking the most awesome sprites and try to make them work, together, at the same time.
    Also, it'll be fun to try and make a "lore" bg and see if it works.

16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am kind of excited to see what happens to Aspect of Life. Will she keep Ethereal? Will she lose the sandbag Boundless Vitality? Will she gains Amplify Healing? Will she lose Trail: Vegetation? I really don't know what she will look like after the revamp.

Grillado likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We're still months away.

Long way to go to hype that up

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Creeps?
    What am I missing that makes him fit in with them?

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

His face, silly :p

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Let's say you're favorite restaurant has lost most of its patronage due to roach infestation.

For months and months they've said they'll fix it.

You sincerely believe they will.

Regardless of the promise of impending deroachification I'm still not eating there until it's cleaned out, and even then I'm walking in skeptical of the surroundings.

So, on point, hype be damned, show me the revamp!

(And until them it will remain the 40 extremely bored and patient holdouts.)

21. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These fine ladys for me :)

Xirone likes this.