Yeti Painter Discussion

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Hiyashi, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, it does, and I seriously think you are a better fit there than Xirone, for example, but I mean - you are not going to convince me that not playing is actually giving you knowledge because you are watching. I'm fairly positive that playing by yourself is 10x better than just watching. If you are watching you have time to play, so just go there and play the game. Nobody cares if you win or loose, but it certainly demonstrates that you are at least on top of the meta. I have no objection with people who are bad at this game"designing" champs - you just have to be creative. But to be making balance assumptions, or to say what a certain theme lacks, for example, requires gameplay knowledge and expertise, something that only comes when you start getting good. I know its harsh, but its true.
    Also, I won't be saying where you are wrong with Yetis because I honestly don't care anymore bud. I'd rather you played again and figured it out yourself. Go ahead and do change them as you see fit.
    Lastly, I write this things because that's just who I am - if I see something I disagree with, I will point it out. I might be convinced otherwise, but I will never stop bringing up things that bother me. And this council does, a lot.
    But, I will give you a break for now, maybe when the next patch hit you will see me around.
    Valeu!

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That's the thing, I am playing unranked everyday. I understand how playing increases one's sight of the game's mechanics, and I don't take it for granted. I just don't believe I need to play ranked because 1- I don't like it 2- I don't care to play enough( a lot) to be competitive like I once did. I have seen people come and go from this game, playing thousands of games and being as blue as Tiny allows, and not having a clue of basic things like knockback or relocation, or even very simple stuff like what a specific rune does( true stories).

My point is, I have played ranked for quite some time and understood what it's about, and never forgot. And I understood that the knowledge it gave me will not be much improved by having a blue name for years, but staying updated with whatever rune changes, new mechanics that happen to occur will.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hey Pede, don't turn on players. The council thing it's not player's fault. We've never asked for it, as much as we didn't ask for it to be removed.

If you know Lush is lacking some knowledge on Yeti's, you should talk to him. We all could learn from your word. But being aggresive and not bringing any positive feedback doesn't help at all.

4. Lushiris

Forgot to answer you, yes I think Abominable is good, although I know Pede may bash me for saying it.

However I had said in a previous post why I think Abominable is good, it is 3 nora for pseudo Detection and Pseudo Surge, despite the fact it costs 2 ap. Some find it bland, but I seriously disagree when I find a stealthed enemy.

5. Pedeguerra

Well, if it's not the players fault we can certainly disagree with it, and as long as it's there I will ask for it to be removed. Some may agree, some may not, life goes on.
    I already talked to Lush and advised him to play more. He said he didn't need it, cause he watches a lot of games. /shrugs
    I wasn't being aggressive. Now, bringing "positive" feedback is dubious - on my eyes, criticizing things to the point where it gets changed is a good thing, don't you think? So yeah, I wont say my feedback is positive, but it certainly isnt "negative".

Abominable is terrible and you should feel bad for letting it stay as is when you could have something way more meaningful than a racial which is 90% of the time crap and a sandbag.

Ballballer likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Your intention and inner goal most of the times doesn't match your tone, words and attitude toward others. The only user I've seen you reply with respect is Sok, because you care about his work and point of view. It is certainly "negative" as long as your conversations are read as aggresive, doesn't matter how do you wanted it to be read.

Sorry @Lushiris but he's right. I haven't seen anyone here that likes Abominable, and you should know it as the council member. It doesn't matter if you like it, you should push for balance and community needs.

7. Lushiris

So you're saying MW's endless profile posts and threads are actually better than constructive criticism?

Abominable is correctly costed for what it does. My only concern is the 2 AP to use it, since yetis have no AP gen except for Unleash. It boosts the power of yetis very quickly, and IMO finding an opportunity to use it is fairly easy - even against tougher players - when it won't make you lose an attack in the same turn. It has two sides of a coin, it provides immediate higher damage, but lowers your potential output as in the long term you will end up attacking less( which is normally overcome by kills). But I still find it worth 3 nora.

I won't even reply to your repetitive complaints about me playing ranked anymore, I have explained it more than well in not one, but two very long posts. If you disagree, say it and let us move on.

8. Pedeguerra

@Goyo : ok, I understand that, but I really thought I wasn't being aggressive this time, at all. I was only sharing my point of view. I'm in no way, shape or form trying to disrespect Lush here, I was just giving him advice and bringing to him straight since he thinks what he does is ok.

@Lushiris : yes, please don't. I explained my point of view, you explained yours, we disagree with each other, its ok. The question was not if "Abominable is priced correctly", the question was "Are you ok with Abominable". And you said, and I quote, "I think Abominable is good". Trying to justify the usage of this ability is just bringing you further down on my "game knowledge scale", bud. The ability is terrible, everyone agrees, and yet you are trying to defend it. Just stop it already, jeez.
    See, this is exactly why council is terrible. Because in the end, the guy will reflect what he thinks is best, because what the hell, they are all just players. It wont reflect the opinions of the majority.

9. Lushiris

Except you didn't explain why you think the ability is bad, and proceeded to say the council is terrible. This is what I mean by constructive criticism, give us something to actually talk about.

10. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

@Lushiris
    To be fair, @Pedeguerra 's advice to play more ranked games does have merit. It's a huge part of the game, and I feel like fully experiencing both unranked and ranked will help develop better understanding of the noncompetitive and competitive aspects of the game.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  11. Pedeguerra

I did it a plethora of times on a bunch of of threads, I'm done with it, sorry.
    The best you will get from me is: "Abominable is terrible and you should feel bad for thinking its good".
    Also, what Makorov said.

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

This has been gold and pretty much just reaffirms why people dont take you seriously
    @doesanybodyreallynotknowwhoimtalkingabout

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I honestly have no clue.

14. Pedeguerra

Poor Sok. Tell him ball ball @Ballballer

15. Sokolov

Except that Pede doesn't even play and hasn't seriously played for at least a year probably? So it seems awkward to me for someone who doesn't even play Pox to suggest to someone else they need to play more.

Basically, Pede isn't going to convince ME he knows what he is talking about by repeatedly bashing other people for their opinions and I have no idea when he is trolling or being serious anymore since he's so far out of the loop these days. Half the time he seems to commenting just to bash people without even understanding what the topic is

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  16. Sokolov

As for Abombinable, I think power wise it's fairly neutral. It does what it does, but you might as well just have Surge: Yeti and it'd be better in most cases - though Abominable does have its advantages in some scenarios.

My current thinking is some kind of Ancestor Worship style of dual-racial with Garus, but honestly no details beyond that.

17. Sokolov

Honestly, the #1 thing in Design is not to think you know better than everyone. Everyone has holes and blindspots in their design process/thinking, that's why you want a team with different kinds of people who see different things in different ways.

Tweek516, doubtofbuddha and Lushiris like this.
  18. Lushiris

Like I've said and it appears that nobody read, I have played ranked. What I contest is if having to constanly play ranked games and keeping a limited rank while everyone says it's useless has any merit in balancing or designing runes. Because IF it does, according to your own logic @Pedeguerra , I shouldn't be listening to you at all, since you haven't played for a very long time.

19. Pedeguerra

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone here of anything anymore, Sok.
    I think your council is busted, I think I still hold a fair amount of knowledge of this game to call things in a vacuum and I think Pox is going to stay in limbo mode for many years to come - some consider it bad, some consider it good. I didn't have fun playing after revamp, and I'm done with this game. It's simple for me.
    Like I said above, I will however post about things that I feel are wrong or are bad for this game, because frankly I want it to endure, and that's about it.
    Abominable is crap, yetis are in a terrible spot and I fear you or Lush have no idea what you guys are doing to ST this time around.
    I mean, it's not really my problem because I don't play, but I feel I should say something because I feel you guys are doing it wrong.
    Simple.
    If you don't like or don't agree with what I wrote, shrugs. I'm not trying to convince anyone anyway.
    Also, speaking strictly from a business perspective, you should have on your "team" people who have knowledge at what they do. Bringing people in "because what the heck, why not" is not professional at all, and I feel that's what this council is, because frankly people being "voted" to be there was a terrible move by Gedden, and you are enforcing it.
    Cheers.

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Lushiris has no idea what he's talking about. He is a running joke among the elite players of the game.