You completely ruined lightning runes with this revamp.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daltos, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Daltos

Daltos The King of Potatoes

I've been playing lightning for longer than anyone in PoxNora. I've split it with every faction imaginable and taken these decks up to top 50 limited over and over. I decided to come back and play a game or two of PoxNora because I heard of the revamp, and all I can say is, wow, you guys have no clue how to rebalance runes.

Lightning Elemental was the staple of lightning decks. It was a 3-5 ranged champion with deflect electricity evasion 3, death nova electricity 3, lightning eater, bolt, and mobility. The whole concept of this champion was that it was a ranged creature that could take down other ranged champions by getting in close and mixing it up in the opponents range wall. So here's my surprise when I face a meta KF deck today and I go to stick my Lightning Elemental into his myriad range champions when lo and behold I can't move the Firker after my initial attack. I thought it was a bug until I realized YOU REMOVED MOBILITY. Do you have any idea how this champion works? Or why it was so important for the 89 nora cost to have a ranged champion that doesn't automatically die after its first attack? There was no evasion 3 on it, no death nova 3, yet it still cost the same 89 nora.

I wouldn't be so ticked off except every single limited rune that was a staple before the revamp barely got a nerf compared to Lightning Elemental. You still have to face the same insane meta range decks that existed before you guys took the reins back from SoE.

So ignoring nerfing the most important rune to lightning decks into the ground, you also removed Voil Stormflyer's deflect electricity as well. The important tank role in the whole deck is gone now in lieu of a flimsy voil that no one is afraid of. Cyclonic Fesh got reduced from a 4-6 to a 1-2? What the hell? Bogwood Mireoak is a 1-3 now without physical resist and costs more?

Who decided these changes? Did they ever play any of these runes before the revamp or did they just willy nilly remove what makes these cards work? I can forgive the other nerfs but to make Lightning Elemental cost 89 nora without giving it mobility is insane. It's a 3-5 ranged bolt champion, what the hell is going to happen to it after it attacks once? Imagine any other ranged champion with bolt and no mobility, it would never be played. You literally killed a rune for no reason while largely leaving the typical meta bullshit alone.

I'm super disappointed and it completely killed what little love I had left for this game. Learn how to rebalance runes by actually thinking of how they work in a strategic sense instead of removing key abilities while leaving the typical meta bullshit super ranged KF champs alone.

profhulk and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sadly, a lot of runes and themes got hit hard. And I mean HARD.

All we can do is hope for the best. We are waiting here since months and not much have changed in the matter, but they have somewhat reasonable excuses, between it's business model and lack of programmers, they couldn't do better.

Now we have 2 new programmers dedicated to Ronin Expansions, and as we know, they are going to focus on Balance and Bugfixes later, and Midterm later.

Our hopes hasn't gone yet. Stick with us, we can endure it, Poxnora deserves it.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"top 50 limited"

not to burst your bubble, but you were always a low limited at best. Mostly exo league. Doubt you top 50 limited days were when more than 20 people were playing. Pretty much stopped reading after that.

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Doesn't matter. His points are valid.

Karamasov likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I didn't have to read such a poorly structured wall of text to know that nearly every game in the game has been ruined in favor of meta decks. I made a post saying exactly that yesterday, too lazy to dig it up again. It's in the baskitkase thread.

Good things DOG is doing to pox.

SPiEkY and Baskitkase like this.
  6. Daltos

I've always been better than you. You just ran meta SL dragons whenever I ran into you with my crazy decks that I can actually raise up from the exo league. The fact that you still harbor a grudge over me outplaying you whenever I had an actual serious deck is hilarious.

profhulk likes this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Lol. Just going to post in this to see this shitstorm blow up at some point.

OchiK likes this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

has the pioneer of lightening returned ?

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Agreed for the most part, tried to roll an electro-theme deck a month ago and was disappointed by the results (no, not my deck-building results, silly you).

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Burn would roll you.
    I would crush the both of you
    Happy?

OchiK and SaintKiwi like this.
  11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ok we get it. You're fatter than everyone else. No need to brag about how you would crush us all if you sat on us, you're beginning to make me jealous Q.Q

Pixyrus, Lushiris, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm amused. Do go on.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm the pioneer of physical damage decks.

sharang2, OchiK and SaintKiwi like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But you don't play SL?

OchiK likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just wanted to pretend that something obvious was obscure and I discovered it.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But you don't play SL?

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I do. We'll I split SL for OP spells, machinists ND Snoggles. Wait. . Is snog still gud?

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why do you tear open old wounds like this?

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Daltos

Nah you just played the same meta IS decks every day for 8 hours a day like a giant sperg lord.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

K, but u invented lightning dex.

SPiEkY, BurnPyro and KingJad like this.