You Guys Srsly Need Buffs

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by TeaScholar, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I'll be honest, there are some things from SL that make me cringe... like making an entire bg of dragons immortal and early reveal off of a single relic.
    Or the short-lived dragon from hell.
    Or that relic killing relic you guys have.

But let's be honest. You guys need some serious buffs man!

I'm not necessarily an inhabitant of the southern desert region you guys call a home, but hey- I am aware of the texture of the sands.

...So I'm just gonna throw some ideas out there.

- Draksar - need to be at least 5x more viable than they are now. Why? Because they're your original primary race and theme. They're a theme whose age rivals that of skeletons- among the themes before there really even WERE themes. Indeed. Even the skeezick rebellion took place long after the draksar dominated SL bgs, from the very beginning. (And then when SR exp hit, everyone and their mama became skeez)
    So what do I suggest to help out that situation?
    • cheaper options.
    many cases of making a champ cheaper would be tinkering with its abilities. I'd rather leave that to the sundered land dwellers themselves. But in essence, too many draksar in general are overpriced and inefficent. In my mind I figure a draksar bg would work well and good if there were enough cheap options that were actually worthwhile to mix in with the more expensive options. Draksar Knight used to be one of those cheaper options and one of my favorites. But now he is 66 nora with 5 speed. I still think he's good, I also think he doesn't necessarily need fear, and then he'd be cheaper. But once again, I'd leave that to the SLers. Draksar explorer is an example of what I kind of have in mind, I don't know why I don't see him run anymore at 62 nora for 8 ap and detection... wait. That's still kind of expensive.
    • Slightly better / more healing and range options.
    Something other than regen. Hell, even a healer without regen. And no, not The Doctor. Screw The Doctor. I don't understand why so many draksar are purely melee. It further confuses me why execution order is an FW spell instead of a UD or SL one. You could in theory do some tinkering to drak shifter. And I like drak shifter. I feel like he should have a ranged magic attack in normal form, like a mage. If he had something like heal champion 2/3 instead of regen, and then lost heal champion and gained regen when in either dragon form, I think that would be rather fair and add to versatility without going back to one champ having a dump load of abilities.
    • Better board access without relying on "that one fast scout champ you're running".
    There are options to use forbidden fruit with as it is, but I think small little things like giving Drak Psion Swap 1/2/3 would help.

• Way more damage options
    And I'm not saying to give them all acid attack like the skeez. But they should at least be capable of synergizing with things such as the dragon skull a bit better. If you want me to be completely honest, If you could run an efficient draksar bg with some dragons mixed in here and there, and both races synergize with each other in one way or another, I think that would be appropriate, at least as a valid option.

What I'm mostly getting at is, I want you guys to express in realness how you feel about YOUR faction, particularly draks, what you would like to see happen to them in a perfect world so to speak.
    It is understood you guys have no nora gen, and the leeches don't count. This has clearly played out this way, in which you guys were left out of the nora gen loop, on purpose. For that alone, I support SL getting the better end of the vamping stick in the patches to come, because the faction without nora gen should have valuable enough benefits to make up for it, and it's none of our faults. I just want you all to start talking about it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    Kampel likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The thing is we have always talked about this and only got a couple buffs here and there and no real change to mechanics nor themes core(skeezick got some love on just one ability that is bad spread around base/upgrades and does not add synergy with their playstyle). I think until today, no faction has been fixed that deep, there is no history record showing this to be even possible and it feels more and more pointless to keep asking it. You can see that most of our change sugestions ask for abilities that already exist because its more likely to happen than making a new mechanic..
    We understand that to fix years of bad design on Pox would require to DOUBLE that time..

How long did it take DoG to redo barbarians?
    Now how long do you think it would take to do that to all the themes in SL including non champeon runes and balance them around new mechanics and an entire new faction playstyle..?

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

That's the thing, that's going a bit faster than what I had in mind.

My advocation here was to essentially start a thirst to improve specifically draksar, and when it comes to champs, I tend to recommend changing them with ways that you have described- using abilities that already exist and don't need to be made anew.

I also would think that some tinkering with SL spells wouldn't be as difficult, j/s.

If you took a look at some of the conversations held in the Wastes section of the forums, there is still the freedom to converse changing champs in new never-before-seen ways. We had spoken before about changing the roles of all liches to something that they are almost the opposite of now. Sure, it hasn't happened yet, but worms and witches have changed, and it doesn't mean an idea won't necessarily be implemented.
    Moreover, an idea is surely never to be implemented if it is never even mentioned at all.

TheBulwark likes this.
  4. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, I am a new player so my point of view could be not "meta" focused (I donĀ“t play ranked games yet).

My deck is a Draksar/Dragon Deck and the main problem it have istht the only strategic that wotk is to put some of them together and advance to the victory. The main positive of being a draksar is the Violence skill and the Dragonkind buff that we can get from Draconicforce: Huge damage. The problem is that it is nora expensive, and that we dont have any cleanse (well, we have a relic... ) so we lost to any CC deck/strategy and our heals are very limited (The doctor is not a great support if u dont play mutants and Valdac is too slow and nora expensive).

I fell that we can still play, but i dont know how we can face some meta decks focused in relocating champs and/or ranged attack. It is true that we have regen that helps if they dont have a power turn or one round combo, but i feel that we need more ways to heal or to gain any map control.
    The quickening spell and Draconic Benediction helps with that, but i miss any mass teleport (wings for a 1 turn jump or flight movement) or relocating champions.

As noob player, I am still learning and enjoying this game full of history, but i feel that some factions have better options than others, and that the nora cost of some runes are very unbalanced.

I would like to see that main dragons go to Heroes category (2 Vindrax/Vex/Arkaikos in the table???) and that they have any kind of aura to boost Draksar/Dragons around them. One supporting (heal champion/heal mass) champion with ranged magic attack is too in my wishlist, and better options for equipment will be great too.

And I dont know why, but the options bor split decks with SL runes seems very very poor: Kenens and nothing more. I was wondering about a split SL/UD dragon/infernal deck but they lack of synergy or any split heroe that can fit there. Hope one day this could be posible :p.

5. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would like more draksar with attack fire, acid and magic. I would like more draksar below 80 nora.

I want 1 or 2 more draksar with board control abilities.

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Also terraformers and summoners. Maybe a splitter, more mutants too

7. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mutants theme would be great with the Doctor and the Legendary Draksar Morph. It is true that all the variety Skeezicks have in differents types of damage, draksar have not. More magic damage at range is a must.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah Buff IS