Young Myx Drone

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by HiveLord, May 11, 2015.

1. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

-1 Spd (Ouch!)
    -1 Def
    -8 Hp

Oh, and it lost Domain:Sand

Nerf bat right to the poor little guy's face. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as a personal note, if the young one's stats are going to be this different, maybe it could have a bit of a color swap to represent it's juvenile status?

Something like this?

[​IMG] -> [​IMG]
    Original -------- Young

This took me just a few seconds. If you gave me the Drone sprite sheet, I could literally have it back to you within minutes of me opening it.

OriginalG1, BloodAshes, poinl and 6 others like this.
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

rip myx
    2014-2015

TheBulwark and HiveLord like this.
  3. HiveLord

I clicked "Like."
    But it's really a "Hate."

4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I clicked like for this part.

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It was a deserved nerf.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  6. HiveLord

You're half right.

Yeah, the Drones were strong, but they were what the entire theme crutched on.
    With them nerfed, the rest of the theme is a shell of itself.

If the other Myx got tweaked a little bit to rely less on the Drones, it'd have been fine. But they didn't.

Though to be honest, the whole Drone mechanic is what is fun and unique(ish) about the theme in the first place.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    BloodAshes, Gnomes, Anima26 and 4 others like this.
  7. Netherzen

I agree with this,i do think Myx should have more as a theme then just free drone meat.

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well that kinda is their racial.

BloodAshes, Anima26 and TheBulwark like this.
  9. Netherzen

I know,i kinda like the way drones interact with the rest of myx and think they should expand on that rather then free stats.For example consume on brood lord and all those domain sand and hidden sand and then drone having sand veil.

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

that used to be domain sand

of course, op as balls etc

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

That was in addition to brood bond, brood bond was always their thing.

12. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

After a test I found not regarding to have champions with brood bond just for some weak summon (not including all summon counters available). The 5 speed is the first thing that make they unusable

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Just dont crutch so much on Drones any more. I cant really speak as an experienced Myx player but i have always been a fan of Myx, other than the nerf to Drones Myx got some nice goodies from what i can see. They got Mindwarp which is pretty neat and Coordinator which is also good, Skywing Imperator has been adjusted so its now cheaper and also produces more sand than before, Locust got locust swarm back :O and Dartwing is a new ranged bug that Myx sorely lacked, it also has good anti range abilities, he does have Dissipate though which is a bit of a bummer. They got a new relic that spawns Drones every 3 rounds and also Heart of Gnash got changed to provide an easy source of alt damage which is nice. Im not sure how the recost affected them but surely being so heavy melee they got some buffs out of it.

If Myx just got some kind of common/uncommon/rare ranged unit to fill the gap that Sandsnipe left, with magic attack type if possible, i would be pretty happy (some sort of arcane/runic bug perhaps). Sandspitter is too expensive and 2x2.

I got 2x Kwing Alphas from the Forge too so my deck feels much better with them in, they help alleviate the lack of range issue.

14. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Wow, this was quite a harsh nerf.