Zombie grindhouse

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DukeofDunks, Feb 2, 2015.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Finding room for 1x Mason's Spire and 1x Grim Well would help out a lot. They offer good synergy with what you are running.

3. DukeofDunks

I suppose the first things to go would be the behemoth and the mute stalker. I cant say im very fond of the fairies with them being so expensive, does the 7 speed really matter in a deck thats all about the slow crawl?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fairies are super strong. A unit with 7 speed, flying, and 6 range can be oppressive on many maps.

5. DukeofDunks

True enough, theyre just so fragile for 80 nora.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah. Fortunately, zombies are rarely at a loss for a melee wall.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'd drop the thralls, they are too expensive for what they do and i'd also drop the behemoth because there are so many other zombies for that cost which are far better. A mason's spire or two like Kalasle said would be a great addition. Elsarin night is highly recommended as it is a great counter to range and provides some awesome buffs to zombies, i pretty much always run two. Coragh isn't a must but he is definitely worth getting as he doesn't suffer the disadvantages of low speed or lumbering like most other zombies.

SkeletonKing and TeaScholar like this.
  8. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

you run 2x elsari night potato? interesting.

9. potatonuts

It counters pretty much every weakness zombies have. Elusive counters their vulnerability to range, +2 speed counters the disadvantage that low speed guys like mogas and wanderers suffer and the charge allows lumberers to move distance without the witch buffing them first.

Or you can just park a fairy in it and give it 9 speed and elusive for 4 turns.

10. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

How come no one runs the Bag of Filth as a anti equip? 8 Disease damage, Diseased 3 and Infectious 3 a good source of anti heal and collateral damage

11. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Bag of filth suxor I thought

12. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

hi everyone newbie here
    Got some runes for FW and thought about telling u guys what u think about this BG
    I don't mind adding a bit of expensive runes, but i really dunno what I'm doing, so i thought u can tell me which to take out, and which to substitute

I thought about corpse golems, but they're expensive, also what do u think about ghouls ?

https://poxbase.com/deck/C4Tcg_C6qc9fCpQCfLcoXcwocuJc9dC9hS6Zs4IspsgSnR2XR2NrTr8e2J

13. potatonuts

Overall it looks really good, though I'd recommend you get a few things ASAP.

2x Desecration for relic removal and shrine sniping. Just dont try and hurt IS/FW champs with it.

At least 1 Elsarin Night for counter range and zombie mobility.

A mason's spire, two if you like but then you end up with a very relic heavy bg.

Soulreave, it counters so much in the game and should always be at least one in every FW bg.

Maaaaaaaaybe another Moga as you don't have Coragh so a bit more disease breath could be handy.

I think you could probably drop an anathema as the double desecration can somewhat work in its place, personally i'd drop Domination as i think its just situational cheese but i cant deny that spell can win games, Despoil could also go as it doesn't really synergize and globe collection is a fairly minor priority for zombies because of swarms. Although not being zombies Serkan and Deathcaster are both pretty handy champs so there is no problem there, i think vendetta might be push though as that could be used for Reaper's Blade or maybe a spell that you need more.

14. Ramymanify

Thanks for the early response man, I was head over heels trying to figure out if it was worth,
    I'll get Coragh, seems to me he is core in such a BG, but what do u think about adding moragen and serkan?
    I fear I like heroes but I'm not sure if they fit in this particular set up

I'll put the desecration and the elsarin night as well as one mason spire, and yeah soul reave for heavy defenses too

15. Ramymanify

also do u think corpse golem is a must in this BG, it is kinda pricey and I am not sure I want to do it, since I had one and I traded it on PB like a schmuck :/

16. potatonuts

Coragh is great but my no means do you need him. He basically just has everything you want in one package.

Soulreave is actually reduced by defence still, what you will be mainly using it for is to get around impervious, crystallize and immunities. Reaper's Blade is a much better tank killer, you can either equip it on a unit which can double tap and use it like essence drain or just put it on a fairy or serkan to try and make it last.

You can probably get away with both heroes for now as you have plenty of cheap deploy options, with zombies i find the core is Afflicted Corpses, Wandering Zombies, Mogas and Flesblights with Witches for support and Fairies for ranged damage. I run Moragen but only as a luxury, she is very rarely deployed if i am under pressure from my opponent at all, Serkan works pretty well in any FW bg.

Corpse Golem is amazing against protectorate, aside from that he is quite average so definitely not a must but i would recommend at least one. If you have plenty of swarms around for him to consume he becomes more than average but he can only really excel against protectorate because of his hunter ability. Always run him with disease aura btw as the rabid damage is not increased by hunter, aura does 9 damage against protectorate.

17. Ramymanify

https://poxbase.com/deck/C4TctWcg_C6qc9fCl=cfLcoXcwoCuJc9dc9hs6Zs3gs7ASns4fR2XR2NrTr8e1me2J

tell me what u think
    I am torn between adding another mute stalker and taking out a fleshblight zombie, I already took out a wandering zombie to make everything fit
    and s far no Coragh and no mason's spire, looks like no place for them

I also took out despoil to fit in all the other stuff, not sure if it's worth it

Thanks in advance

18. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

2x wandering and 2x fleshblight are autoinclude, and you'll be mildly gimping yourself by not including a mason's spire

19. Ramymanify

pls give me your what to take out suggestions ?

20. potatonuts

You could do that, Fleshblights are actually perfect to run 1x as there are very few situations where you actually need them so you don't need the draw potential. On top of that they have such a low cooldown you don't really need a replacement if it dies and you want to redeploy. I personally like to run 2x wandering zombies because they are almost always useful, for early game font holding they are usually the best option available to zombies so the extra draw potential can be crucial.

Don't worry about the stuff you want to find room for though, just play with it and figure out what you aren't using or what isn't meeting your expectations and go from there. You could taylor your deck to meet every suggestion given to you but you have to play it yourself and develop your own playstyle so some things may not work for you. For example Mute Stalkers are awesome, they are easily one of the best zombie runes but i don't run them simply because they don't fit my play style.