Zombie Rotwrapper

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TeaScholar, May 12, 2016.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I bought a bundle and got lucky enough to get one of these guys, but haven't played him yet.
    Apparently he's a zombie with range, which is rare. He's 3-5 rng.
    With his range he can shut down healing with inhibited touch, and heal allies with twisted essence.
    Attack sonic = alt damage for zombies which is another +
    He can also swarm with ZA, but even summon lesser zombies like magistrate and badassblackbladebonebaron upon killing a champ. So double the swarm? I would like in-game stats as to what his summons look like, and what art they're using...
    I'm going to be testing him soon, just wanted to get people to discuss it since nobody posted a topic on this new midterm yet.

Lastly, who tf decided on such a name for a champ. What rot is he wrapping with attack: sonic? Oh ok I get it he's wrapping up more zombs to the battlefield... But I feel they could have done better. Like Fleshweaver (period, no witch), or Fleshpatcher, or just Liutenent FLESHPATCH.

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Z, the rotten-rapper. Hence attack sonic.

IronStylus likes this.
  3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Straight up 2x in my zombie deck, wondering if there is any point running Headchucker now.

Woffleet and OriginalG1 like this.
  4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

why not both?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Triggers on friendly champ deaths, not enemy.

Woffleet and TeaScholar like this.
  6. potatonuts

Probably for the best :D

I don't really see many situations where i'll be deploying a Headchucker now. If i already have D.Fairy and Rotwrapper deployed more meat would be the best option usually.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm just freakin' glad it's not another duplicate ability.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

On a related note, because it provides a flat benefit on friendly champ deaths, cheap meat might have a semi-functional version.

9. potatonuts

Oh it's got wandering zombie written all over it. I happened to make a cheap meat style bg based around A/F.Corpse with death nova recently which i think he'd fit into perfectly.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Reminder: Cheap Meat proper is a deck archetype that depends upon some form of non-variable return on champion deaths as a value engine. The deck barely exists as is with Wrapper, and didn't exist in FF prior.

11. TeaScholar

He seems squishy. If you run death guards to keep him alive, and they die, he'll spawn more meat. So that's a cool idea.

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Broken bones and this guy are pretty good

TeaScholar and OriginalG1 like this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

*Coughs*

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't have any of the 'Rappers though.

15. themacca

Okay so stats are for the shamblers.

DMG: 6
    Range: 1
    Speed: 6
    Defense: 1
    HP: 20

Attack Physical
    Zombie Apocalypse

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Correct. Surprising speed, few abilities, abysmal damage output.

17. TeaScholar

take note that the shambling zombies don't have lumbering! This is awesome... if you can keep the rotwrapper alive. ima legit run zombie with two death guards

also @yobanchi EVERYthing goes well with broken bones.. because he's well, broken bones.

also take note that when rotwrapper himself dies, he leaves a shambling zombie :) pretty dope. im pleased @Sokolov

OriginalG1 likes this.
  18. themacca

@kalasle this guy could work pretty well in a graveyard ED module

19. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

If you can fit the Fleshsewn Helm in your build it will give Rotwrapper some staying power against those that get under the range with resist physical and aura.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You might be right. Usually those sort of 70-nora champs for slight synergy come off as too slow, but getting a 20/25 HP dork every turn along with an alright ranged tap-support sounds pretty good.