PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Dragonbark is certainly quite over cost. Fiery Death is far superior (and probably appropriately costed).

Entrepidus likes this.
  2. Xirone

I really want to see some non-champion runes get buffed since I had staples like Thorn Collection and Time Slip nerfed. With that said, it is hard to pass up Bowmage who is about to become a Mage of Lament soon.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I really want to get Elite blade back into the mix. But we'll see how the community feels.

4. Xirone

I know you are trying to narrow down the list of buff targets but Crown of K'thir could certainly use an update. There are so many possibilities!

5. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

I want you to change/buff/nerf every KF rune NOW so that we can be done with this :)

NOW

NOW

NOW, I say

Just venting :)

6. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Bowmage for sure

7. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Bowmage plz

8. splitstax

Have we decided on how to buff Bowmage?

Here are my thoughts on it. I believe all runes should follow their lore. Since he is half Wizard and half Archer, his abilities should focus on that.

Damage 10
    Speed 6
    Range 4-5
    Defense 0
    HP 40

Base: Attack Arrow, Precision, Imbue Stun, Defenseless
    UG 1: Farshot 2, Rain 2
    UG 2: Richochet Shot, Stunning Sweep

9. splitstax

I know we are not looking at Epochal Sage, but I want to give my thoughts anyway.

Damage 0
    Speed 7
    Range 0
    Defense 0
    HP 42

Base: Time Bend (CD 3), Psychic Jab, Psychic Ping
    UG 1: Mental Net, Shadowspawn, Telekinetic Thrust
    UG 2: Amplify Psychic, Balance 3, Grant Psyhic Aura

10. Xirone

Here's another take on Bowmage...

Bowmage- RNG increased from 4-5 to 3-5. HP increased from 40 to 44. Attack: Arrow and Blindfire removed from base. Attack: Electricity and Stun added to base.

He'd look like this afterward...

Bowmage
    DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 3-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44 | NORA: 72-78
    Base Abilities- Attack: Electricity, Imbue Stun, Stun
    Upgrade Path 1- Rain of Arrows 1,2,3
    Upgrade Path 2- Combo Attack: Slam, Commander: Archer, Precision

He'd be a pretty decent champ with two forms of stun, an alternate form of damage, and an AoE.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Osidan likes this.
  11. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

While I would prefer changing it in a way that involves dropping Defenseles, I primarily want to see it improved to be something better than present. Sentry 2 seems like the easiest change to make with zero backlash, but again, I'd love to discuss alternatives to Defenseless if time allows.

12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Can you do something about that first upgrade path?

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Granting it double stun with double alt damage seems pretty wows for that cost. Specially since it's decent allround with the range, although the damage is a tad low. Is blindfire no good on him or?

14. Xirone

Thanks for the input. Sometimes it is just a bunch of KF people thinking what would be fun to play around here. To answer your question about Blindfire, it seems a bit too expensive for what it does on Bowmage since it only triggers when champions in his range make a ranged attack. Since Bowmage's range is 4-5, it is easy to work around. One could increase his range but then he becomes more and more like an expensive Elven Prodigy. 15 nora is a lot to pay for an ability that seldom triggers (though Archer decks can increase his range some). All in all, I'd like to see him lose Blindfire and get something generally more useful.

15. Xirone

Bumping for the hell of it.

16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

KF is already undercosted , fast , and has a bunch of range .... elven strategist needs to lose relocate foe , YOU REALLY DON'T NEED IT , YOU REALLY DON'T.

17. Xirone

Apart from the fact that Elven Strategist has always had Relocate: Foe, I suppose he could lose it. Relocate: Foe is the one ability on him that makes him special for KF, though. If he were to lose it, I'd expect him to get something that would still give him a reason to be played (without Relocate: Foe he is a very bland champion).

Also, I think he has a manual cost modifier on him to make him artificially more expensive.

18. splitstax

I would disagree a little. Relocate Foe on Strat is not that effective. I would prefer Relocate Relic instead.

19. splitstax

Yes and no. Imbue belongs on base because that has been his main ability forever. BUT, I do think that a double source of stun is great. Like I mentioned before, UG 1 or 2 should be Richoet Shot or Stunning Sweep.

20. Xirone

He has Relocate: Relic already and Relocate: Foe is amazing for setting up power turns. Bringing a champion closer, in certain circumstances, is like +4 AP to all (or most) of your champions.